By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 will win this console war (from Inquirer)

Who or what is 'Vole'? =P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Wow! A really silly article. I really laughed. :)

FORGET IT!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Given they seem to miss entirely that despite their view Wii is selling better in Europe and US than HD consoles combined I think I'll take any of their views with a pinch of salt... actually thinking about it I think I'll just disregard them entirely as they seem full of something noxious.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

It seems to be a satiric piece targeted at the drivel Brucy 'Everwrong' Everiss

posted earlier.

Fun to read imho, and completely over the top

Brucys garbage: http://seekingalpha.com/article/94362-why-microsoft-s-xbox-360-will-outsell-nintendo-s-wii

Around the Network
Neos said:
Who or what is 'Vole'? =P

It appears to be a term used from M$ by Inquirer.

And a quick Google search gave this kind of ethymology for the word:

Perhaps the most compelling reason was given by a user on The
Inquirer's Message board who said:

"Well, a Vole is a small rodent whose teeth grow continuously.
Therefore they must eat (and wear their teeth down) continously or
their own growth would kill them. In otherwords, Microsoft can only
survive by acquiring/stifling the competition."

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Vasot said:

Xbox makes the PS3 look very costly with little benefit. True you get a Blu-ray player, but the PS3 was supposed to ensure the future of Blu-ray not the other way around.

WTF???

Microsoft is doing quite well on the games front, too, at least as good as Sony and much better than Nintendo.

WTF???

The Japanese tend to like loud gadgets, things like motion controllers and step exercise things sell like hot cakes. Less important are quality graphics and sound. Generally it has to be loud and colourful.

WTF???

This makes the Wii great for Japan but is less interesting in Europe and the US.

WTF???

Dumbest article I have read in a really long time. Every part with WTF is pure bullshit. I'd probably be a little instuled if I was Japanese and read this.

obieslut said:

Shadowblind said:
obieslut said:

how stupid, if the Wii is as cheap as chips then the 360 is as cheap as the paper they come rapt in.

Wow, taking anything coming from the inquirer really is a bad idea in the first place. Calm down, your making yourself look really stupid.

its the internet, no such thing as stupid on the internet.

by the way this and the last post was sarcasm, incase anyone missed it

lol you guys kill me.

I lol'd, thanks.

Gazz said:

Does Starcraft happen to write for the inquirer?

Knock it off. Everytime someone baits Starcraft and then complains when he shows up and tries to defend himself. This will be your only warning.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

It'll be interesting to see what all these analysts have to say in two weeks, when sales have crashed and burned back to pre-pricecut levels.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.