By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 will win this console war (from Inquirer)

Man. Do I love the Enquirer. I have to start reading it again.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

this isnt insulting to the japaneese at all no

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

That was a pretty sad article. Dood says that the Japanese are the ones that love the Wii, but in reality it is selling better in all of the other regions. That is an automatic PHAIL!

Just kiss the tip.

xbxo 360 ftw in you gotta be kiddin or maybe drunk......

Buahahahahahahaha!!! Sorry... I couldn't hold it in.

Vasot said:

From the article:

Putting the two machines side by side, the Wii looks like the dated gizmo it is. It also lacks games of any substance and cannot manage online gaming at all.

This guy is just TOO silly!!

Around the Network

He is greek, I bet he's trolling. :p

I sdont usually say this but... L-O-L

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Why does it keep say 'vole' where it should say 'MS' or '360' or something similar.

This can't be an actual article. I could have written a much more compelling win for a definite loser.

oh, wait, I did.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=41542

Profoundly stupid post. Basing pretty much everything on the post price-cut sales spike. You know,the Jaguar had a decent increase in sales when it dropped to $50.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

"MICROSOFT'S PRICE CUT has increased boosted sales of its Xbox 360 by more than six times making it likely to win this console war."

I cannot agree that a short increase in sales will win them the console war. But lets not be total fanboys and accept that so close to christmas is does give microsoft a good chance at out selling the PS3 gaining an even bigger lead on console units sold.

"Xbox makes the PS3 look very costly with little benefit. True you get a Blu-ray player, but the PS3 was supposed to ensure the future of Blu-ray not the other way around."

If anyone cannot agree the PS3's price is sitting a little to high your an idiot.

"Blu-ray players will drop in price over the next few months forcing the PS3 to re-evaluate what it is designed to be – a games machine."

This is totally true like any platform that wins a war it becomes alot cheaper fast. DVD writers where once 300USD now there like 30?

Microsoft is doing quite well on the games front, too, at least as good as Sony and much better than Nintendo.

I think what hes trying to say is that lets face it the Wii's awesome but it doesn't have many games that you can play alone and enjoy. And the back bone of the PS2 for me personally has always been the roleplaying games the same applys to the japanese. The xbox360 has a much wider selection of roleplaying games the PS3's selection doesn't even exist really. Games like final fantasy which in the past have been PS3 exculsive are shifting boat. And going crossplatform star ocean is possibly Enix's second biggest seller its not got a few months xbox exculsive.

Say what you want at the moment the xbox has a better collection of games then the PS3. And thats only growing "at the moment" So for this christmas and at the moment the 360 is winning the console war. Will it stay that way who knows but the figures point towards microsoft winning at this point in time.

Vole's main competitor is the Nintendo Wii which we have been taking the pee out of for yonks because of its name. But the Wii's real problem is that it is much more a Japanese cultural device than a worldwide one. The Japanese tend to like loud gadgets, things like motion controllers and step exercise things sell like hot cakes. Less important are quality graphics and sound. Generally it has to be loud and colourful.

I Have to say I love the Wii its great fun but I think this aint really a choice between the Wii and the 360 most will simply own both. There both to different of a system to be compared the Wii is an old gen console with some smart idears. The console war aint really between 3 consoles its just the 360 and PS3 the Wii is a party console and nintendo will keep it that way because its making them very rich.

This makes the Wii great for Japan but is less interesting in Europe and the US. OK, the Wii is cheap as chips but it is also very limited.

Wrong Epic fail my little sister is Wii crazy and she owns like 1 game? wii sports But hey we all make mistakes.

Our guess is that it will be the shift to online gaming and services that will finally be the nail in the Wii dream. Microsoft is doing its online experience pretty well and chances are it will be expanded.

Again this guy is making the 360 out to be a rival to the Wii even microsoft knows thats not the case. The Wii can play happly with both the PS3 and 360. The Wii has already Won its place but thats not the place of the 360 or PS3

Having had a year's march on the much delayed PS3, and been online a lot longer than the Wii, Vole will eventually knock out its rivals and win the console war.

Who knows its to early to tell but anyone looking at this from a fair perspective can tell the 360 at the moment and likely over christmas will do better. But I will say if the 360 fails this christmas to better the PS3 its looking fairly over for microsoft.