By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Batman PS2 might be a hit?

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72268

Now that batman has become such an intense hit, thanks to the dark night, with the dvd/blu-ray likely coming out by the time this bundle releases.

Could this grab a huge amount of sales from casual audiences that like batman? I think so, this might really boost ps2 sales in the holidays IMO.

What do you guys think?

mM
Around the Network

Hey Leo...what happened to your Wii prediction?

super_etecoon said:

Way to stay on topic

mM
leo-j said:
super_etecoon said:

Way to stay on topic

On-Topic....PS2 has all the casuals it needs.  Most of the sales of PS2's come from people replacing broken ones or buying an extra one for the inevitable day when all their software will become obsolete (thanks to no BC on the PS3).  Will this sweeten the pot?  Maybe...but tehre's plenty of software to push the best selling machine of all time.

Off-Topic....way to avoid the simple question.  Take a look at my sig....there's some horrible predictions down there.  But you won't see me shoving them under the rug.

@super-etecoon: it turned out wrong , how dare you Leo to PREDICT the future
OT: maybe , the movie is sooooooooooooooooooooooo popular

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
leo-j said:
super_etecoon said:

Way to stay on topic

Off-Topic....way to avoid the simple question.  Take a look at my sig....there's some horrible predictions down there.  But you won't see me shoving them under the rug.

I needed to cut down my sig length, and because I dont think anyone can predict what the wii will do.

mM

I think that's possible given how popular Batman currently is. But I think PS3 will get the biggest boost when The Dark Knight comes out on Blu-Ray in December.

leo-j said:

Now that batman has become such an intense hit, thanks to the dark night, with the dvd/blu-ray likely coming out by the time this bundle releases.

Could this grab a huge amount of sales from casual audiences that like batman? I think so, this might really boost ps2 sales in the holidays IMO.

What do you guys think?

You expect a boost in PS2 sales because of a DVD movie?

Huh?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I can't see Batman moving PS2. I agree with thelalaby about DK on Blu Ray giving PS3 a shot in the arm...although it will be hard to quantify with the X-Mas sales in full swing by then.

Viper1 said:
leo-j said:

What do you guys think?

You expect a boost in PS2 sales because of a DVD movie?

Huh?

Did you even click the link?

mM