By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - God of War 2 selling PS3's

For March do you think God of War 2 will help sell PS3's with the 420p support (and possible 720p support but many say that was taken away)?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

Nope. It has not benefits on the PS3. Graphics will look the same on the PS2 and it will be cheaper. So, no, will not sell PS3.

Only people without PS2's or a PS3 may pick up a PS3 to play it. One of my friends traded in a PS2 & PSP so he could get a PS3 for half price (and play God of WarII).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I agree that most people who are looking forward to this game already have PS2s (or PS3s). I doubt any PS2 game at this point could sell many PS3s.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

I still have my PS2, I also have a PS3. I don't want to play any PS2 games on the 3 system. I don't want to "wear" it out. Benefits on the PS3? There might be some advantage on the PS3 but How much could it be? I thought the original GOW had amazing graphics.

Around the Network

elprincipe said: I agree that most people who are looking forward to this game already have PS2s (or PS3s). I doubt any PS2 game at this point could sell many PS3s.
GOW2 has beaten GEARS in terms of graphics and gameplay. It would sell wayy more than that g***** GEARS. why is ps2 beating x360 in NA (in terms of sales) 2:1 in Europe and 4:1 in japan( where x360 is a dead console). GOW2 would sell ps2s as well as ps3s.

washimul said:GOW2 has beaten GEARS in terms of graphics and gameplay.
Post of the Year

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

washimul said: elprincipe said: I agree that most people who are looking forward to this game already have PS2s (or PS3s). I doubt any PS2 game at this point could sell many PS3s. GOW2 has beaten GEARS in terms of graphics and gameplay. It would sell wayy more than that g***** GEARS. why is ps2 beating x360 in NA (in terms of sales) 2:1 in Europe and 4:1 in japan( where x360 is a dead console). GOW2 would sell ps2s as well as ps3s.
Fact 1: GOW2 certainly has worse graphics than Gears. Fact 2: How the hell would you know if it has better gameplay than Gears since it's not out yet? Conclusion: Quite clearly you are an idiot.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

the whole point of GOW2 is to keep the PS2 alive as long as possible in order to help keep the Sony games division afloat. you'll probably see PS2 sales jump a little in March, and GOW2 will probably sell somewhere between 2.5-5million copies producing a total revenue of $100-200 million. Considering it is a last-gen game using the same engine as the original game, it probably cost Sony relatively little to produce, so Sony's gonna make a killing off this one title, which should help diffuse some of the losses due to the PS3.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

washimul said: elprincipe said: I agree that most people who are looking forward to this game already have PS2s (or PS3s). I doubt any PS2 game at this point could sell many PS3s. GOW2 has beaten GEARS in terms of graphics and gameplay. It would sell wayy more than that g***** GEARS. why is ps2 beating x360 in NA (in terms of sales) 2:1 in Europe and 4:1 in japan( where x360 is a dead console). GOW2 would sell ps2s as well as ps3s.
Have you even played Gears of War? I don't think you have. God of War 2 looks fantastic, and amazing, but it's absolutely positively nowhere near the quality of Gears of War. The PS2 isn't beating the 360 2:1, but Im sure its semi-close. Sony has a lock on Europe, and will do well with PS3, regardless. As for the first question....Yes, God of War 2 will help the PS3, but not a whole lot - March will have plenty of system-sellers for the PS3 already there.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.