By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of What? Unreal Tournament 3- Best Looking Console Game Ever?

i think killzone 2 already looks better than this, particularly in the lighting and detailed character models. it just has a more real illusion to it for me.

this comes pretty close though, andhas a very similar visual style to gears.

Around the Network
wangfoo said:
Ckmlb: Did you seriously read my entire comment, or did you stop after the first line?

A year of extra development time does a hell of a lot.

I did but that's just logic.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

It probably runs the best on PC, considering the better hardware, and also the fact that the vast majority of its sales will come from that market.

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

This may look better than KZ2, but I'm looking forward to it more... The single player is more important to me than online play, and KZ2 should have a solid single player experience. Though I'm not sure what to expect from UT3.

wangfoo said:
It probably runs the best on PC, considering the better hardware, and also the fact that the vast majority of its sales will come from that market.

Don't you think because it will need a top notch PC that it will sell better on the PS3 and 360? I certainly do.

Around the Network

Like UT2003, UT2004, Unreal 2, etc.?

PC gamers do like graphics, but in reality, most buy games with less than the cream of the crop hardware. Its the same reason that farcry sold better on PC than on 360, despite the fact that 360 has better graphics for the money.

That and the fact that PC gamers far outnumber console gamers tends to lend itself to being the market that certain online FPS games tend to do the best in.

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

That might be the case, but I still expect really good sales on consoles because of the hype and it being from the makers of Gears the biggest hit this gen.

Although this is a shooter that is bigger on the PC traditionally, the PS3 does give keyboard and mouse support so that might get a few more purchasers on that platform.

ckmlb said:
leo-j said:
ckmlb said:
leo-j said:
This game looks awsome, but killzone 2 isnt done yet it may look better than this.

But that doesn't come out till February 08 ish, this is only in 4 months.

There is a possibility that the unreal engine 3 runs better on ps3 than on 360? Or do you think it wont.

Since this game is being develoepd for the PS3 as its main console (it used to be a ps3 exclusive entirely, not even timed) I think this game is going to look as good as those screens and either as good or better than the 360 version.

Good points but that wasnt really the question. Can unreal engine run better on ps3 than on the 360?

mM
leo-j said:
ckmlb said:
leo-j said:
ckmlb said:
leo-j said:
This game looks awsome, but killzone 2 isnt done yet it may look better than this.

But that doesn't come out till February 08 ish, this is only in 4 months.

There is a possibility that the unreal engine 3 runs better on ps3 than on 360? Or do you think it wont.

Since this game is being develoepd for the PS3 as its main console (it used to be a ps3 exclusive entirely, not even timed) I think this game is going to look as good as those screens and either as good or better than the 360 version.

Good points but that wasnt really the question. Can unreal engine run better on ps3 than on the 360?

Sony signed a deal for Epic to continue optimising the UE3 for the PS3. Also UT3 is exclusive to the PS3. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Unreat Turnament is a TIME EXCLUSIVE.