By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New E3 Mario Galaxy Media

ckmlb said:
Ok this is officially my second most anticipated game of the year after GTA IV.

GTA IV?! What? Is driving around with a bottle of 40 ounce Malt Liquor in one hand and an Alien Ray Gun in the other down the China District really that fun?

End of 2007 Predictions:

Wii =18m

360=14m

PS3=7m

DS=64m

PSP=30m

Around the Network
Ackmed Tepish said:
ckmlb said:
Ok this is officially my second most anticipated game of the year after GTA IV.

GTA IV?! What? Is driving around with a bottle of 40 ounce Malt Liquor in one hand and an Alien Ray Gun in the other down the China District really that fun?

That sounds like a lot of fun!

And keep quiet Kwaad! If Nintendo hears you, they might just make a Mario plumping simulator on the Wii! 

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

This game is so good. Why does nintendo have to release it in december!?!!

mM
leo-j said:
This game is so good. Why does nintendo have to release it in december!?!!

I'm more suprised that they're even releasing it this year. Why not just wait till sales start to slow down the slightest bit in O8? As this is the kind of game that can single handedly move Hundreds of thousands of consoles.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Or...it could be like NSMB...and just keep selling, and selling, and selling...

I want this game ASAP...it's been practically done since mid-2006 anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
I know I haven't been here long, and have never posted on this subject, but these reviews are like vindication for me. I have been telling folks (friends locally mostly) for well over a year now that Galaxies is going to be regarded as one of the best games of all time. Hands down... bar none.... for me this is Game of the Year (Should of been last year).

This year's E3 videos, and the reviews of those who have played it, actually have me believing it might actually be better than even I had ever considered possible. Specifically I am absolutely floored by the reviews of the games graphics.

And furthermore I have a daring prediction, that will seem "unpossible" (lol). I believe that this is the first game with a chance to give Super Mario Bros a run for the title. Thats right, I think that if the Wii can maintain its sales dominance and the public reaction is even 80% of the review posted here, Super Mario Galaxy could very well be poised to take a stab at the holy grail of video game sales numbers (obv it was a pack-in but still). This is a tall order indeed, and probably a prediction I won't be around to be bashed about if I get it wrong (or brag if I luck out and get it right). To achieve this it is going to need some pretty gaudy attach rate numbers, numbers I am not entirely convinced are possible these days, but I still think it has the best chance of any game of the last 5 years.

At the very least I do believe this game will re-solidify Mario as the Gold Standard in Console gaming and continue his Iconic Legacy well into the future.

PS - For those who don't know how outlandish this prediction is, Super Mario Bros. (released in 1985) is the best selling video game ever by nearly time and a half over its nearest rival which was also a pack in game by the name of Tetris. Mario Bros. sales tally finished at an astounding 40,230,000 units, with Tetris coming in at a distant 30 million.

So I was hoping to look at a graph of Super Mario Bros sales on a page like this...
http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Super+Mario+Galaxy+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=Wii+Sports+-+Wii&reg3=All&game3=Super+Mario+World+-+SNES&weeks=100

but it won't let me fill in Super Mario Bros - NES and give any results... weak.

Is there no sales data by week for that game?  That would be disappointing.  I wanted to see if SMG is keeping pace.

Galaxy is definitely my favorite Wii game so far. I got 120 stars with Mario, took a few months off and decided I wanted to come back and play through it again with Luigi.

Does anyone have any new/updated predictions for long-term SMG sales?  I would love for Sqrl's prediction to be right... the game is soooooo good! 

You Spoony Bard!

where should ioi get that historical data from in your opinion?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

rage4dorder said:

but it won't let me fill in Super Mario Bros - NES and give any results... weak.

Is there no sales data by week for that game?  That would be disappointing.  I wanted to see if SMG is keeping pace.

Do you really expect this website to have weekly sales data on individual games from 1985? I don't think anyone was even tracking video game sales back then. VGChartz isn't omnipotent....

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

Zombie thread. Be sure to shoot the sweet spot on its forehead.

Isn't necro-posting a bannable offense?