By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Well I think I'm going to buy Disgaea 3 today.

Errr, I want it, but it aint released in EU Yet! damn

Around the Network

@ Soriku

More like 60 hours...... MINIMUM! Im 25 hours into the first and almost halfway through the story and I can't past this stage but Im such a low level. You have to re-play stages and Item World to be competent.

Disgaea 3 would be mine but my wallet is crying to the recent purchases in my profile.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The_vagabond7 said:

I wasn't really sold on it, figured I'd just wait because there are so many awesome games coming out. But then I saw a penguin dual weilding swords. Ill get my coat. EB opens at 10:00.

Hah,well I guess thats one reason to buy the game. I hope you enjoy it, the reviews were fairly high for this game and sounds like you it's a game you can put a lot of hours into.

I pronounce it Dis-guy-uh. There isn't a world map to explore, you have a hub world that you leave for battles in item worlds, classroom worlds (in the third), and story related battles. Exploration is almost nonexistent to be perfectly honest.

Soriku said:

60 hours? Woah. Do want very much then.

It's not so much that the main story last 60 hours... but you have to do a lot of grinding to get through the main story.

Which is a subtle difference i think.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
I pronounce it Dis-guy-uh. There isn't a world map to explore, you have a hub world that you leave for battles in item worlds, classroom worlds (in the third), and story related battles. Exploration is almost nonexistent to be perfectly honest.

I just pronouse it Dis-Gaia.

In otherwords like "opposite Earth" or "Opposite world"

You can move around in battle areas just like any SRPG, to achieve your objective. But if you want a bunch of areas to haphazardly explore you'll be out of luck.

Damn this game is sweet. I played it all day today (sorry to my warhawk buddies) and it is hella sweet.Soriku, Knowing your gaming tastes, and your love of completing games and getting your money's worth, I can say you HAVE to get the first one on DS. If it's anywhere near as deep or awesome as the third (and from what I understand it certainly is) then you will be getting one hell of a game.

There isn't really "exploring" as it were. If you've played final Fantast Tactics, or Fire emblem then you know the extent of your exploration. Though you do get item dungeons (which I assume is in the first one, I think it is anyway) which you can go inside any item which has numerous randomly generated dungeons that get progressively harder the deeper you go inside. But the further you get, the better your item will be. very useful for level grinding and beefing up your equipment.

The characters are great, the anime references are funny, the story is so asinine that it's hilarious (the saucy mao's really amused me), the battles are intense and strategic, I couldn't really ask for anything more from this game. I feel completely overwhelmed by it's depth (in a good way). I can spend hours not even progressing in the game, and I'm only in chapter two (actually I just beat chapter 2). So methinks I'll be playing for a while.

General question though, when should I start thinking about reincarnation? What do I get to take with me exactly when I reincarnate, and how soon is too soon to reincarnate?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Reincarnating is mainly important once you have higher classes available for your currently used characters. Reincarnating your warrior to become the second type of warrior once you have it unlocked.

As to what you keep when you reincarnate, you keep all your items and stats according to how much mana you pay during the reincarnation.

As to when is too early, I only reincarnated each character probably 3 times through my whole play through, while Blade has already done it more than that and isn't done. It's pretty much all up to your description. I mainly used reincarnation as a way to change classes, whether I wanted a character to be a higher level of the same class or to change classes completely. When I reincarnated a group to change classes I would also reincarnate some of the main characters I used so that they would keep up with the other characters in terms of strength.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game Vagabond.

What about evilities? Do you get to keep the evilities or skills you bought?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.