By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infinite Undiscovery 70K first day sales

Has IU been released? I pay attention to video game websites a lot but it looks like I totally missed this one. I guess it's only Japan? How come Naum has finished the game?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
FinalEvangelion said:

Don't be surprised if 360 sales in JP are greater than the Wii this week.

Thats really pushing it but hey, you never know

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

mrstickball said:
As I said in the news post, this is very good, and well above what I expected.

One thing of note: By talking to VGC staff that have "insider info" on pre-order numbers, they constantly stated that IU wasn't heavily pre-ordered, and expected 35-40k pre orders to be sold first day.

So we have 2 options as to why IU sold so well:

1) VGC staff was wrong
2) Massive walk-up orders

If it's #2, I would expect IU to move a bit of consoles. I think that 20,000 consoles may be do-able this week. Depending on what the Wii does, it may make my prediction come true. The PS3 looks to be toast this week in Japan.

Congratulation...you were the first to mention the ps3 on this thread LOL

Naum said:
IU was good but way to short, I finished it after 15 hours but thats without to much exploring and crafting items.

!5 hours to finish a JRPG? OMG, everyone is dropping the ball this gen!!!

starcraft said:
The Xbox 360 is proving time and time again that it is a viable platform for JRPG's.

Sony better hope White Knight Chronicles kicks ass, or that they have doled out a huge check, otherwise FFXIII and Versus will find their way to the PS3 in ALL regions.

you mean 360 right? LOL

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Has IU been released? I pay attention to video game websites a lot but it looks like I totally missed this one. I guess it's only Japan? How come Naum has finished the game?

Well actually Japan was the last country it has been released

Yeah, 15-20h - this is x360 JRPG, welcome to the x360 DVD limitation world. =)

I hope, atleast SO4 will be on 4 DVDs, so that PS3 version would be longer.)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Barozi said:
Pristine20 said:

Well actually Japan was the last country it has been released

wow...it looks like I totally slept on this one. shame on me lol.

Pristine20 said:
starcraft said:
The Xbox 360 is proving time and time again that it is a viable platform for JRPG's.

Sony better hope White Knight Chronicles kicks ass, or that they have doled out a huge check, otherwise FFXIII and Versus will find their way to the PS3 in ALL regions.

you mean 360 right? LOL

Indeed

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

i think FFversus will announce for 360 in the coming TGS