By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infinite Undiscovery 70K first day sales

Riachu said:

Tri-Ace are quite famous with the core gaming community in Japan.  Imagine, if IU could do 70K in one day, who knows how many copies SO4 will sell(both one day and lifetime).  CladueLv50=pwned for having low expectations for IU' sales.  Not all of Tri-Ace's game were smash hits but at the same time, none of them were bombs(I am talking about in terms of sales, of course).  IU is clearly no exception. 

x360 is DEAD in Japan. SO4 might sell 200-300k on x360. But that`s all for a game on a DEAD console.

Also, Shadowblind, reread my post, Naruto has open world, just watch that trailer and take off your fanboy glasses.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

I'm just going to spin this the way PS3 tools like to do it:

OMG, 70K SALES FIRST DAY, THAT MEANS THE 360 HAS WAY BETTER ATTACH RATE THAN THE PS3 IN JAPAN HENCE WHY IT'S THE BETTER CONSOLE!

What are you looking at, nerd?
CrazzyMan said:
Riachu said:

Tri-Ace are quite famous with the core gaming community in Japan.  Imagine, if IU could do 70K in one day, who knows how many copies SO4 will sell(both one day and lifetime).  CladueLv50=pwned for having low expectations for IU' sales.  Not all of Tri-Ace's game were smash hits but at the same time, none of them were bombs(I am talking about in terms of sales, of course).  IU is clearly no exception. 

x360 is DEAD in Japan. SO4 might sell 200-300k on x360. But that`s all for a game on a DEAD console.

Also, Shadowblind, reread my post, Naruto has open world, just watch that trailer and take off your fanboy glasses.

Somebody needs to put this quote in their sig. 

On topic, pretty nice sales for IU especially considering some of the reviews. Disk space does not determine length of gameplay. If they wanted it to be long they would have made it so. No 360 owner really cares about disk changing just MS haters.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Tigawoods said:
CrazzyMan said:
Riachu said:

Tri-Ace are quite famous with the core gaming community in Japan. Imagine, if IU could do 70K in one day, who knows how many copies SO4 will sell(both one day and lifetime). CladueLv50=pwned for having low expectations for IU' sales. Not all of Tri-Ace's game were smash hits but at the same time, none of them were bombs(I am talking about in terms of sales, of course). IU is clearly no exception.

x360 is DEAD in Japan. SO4 might sell 200-300k on x360. But that`s all for a game on a DEAD console.

Somebody needs to put this quote in their sig.

On topic, pretty nice sales for IU especially considering some of the reviews. Disk space does not determine length of gameplay. If they wanted it to be long they would have made it so. No 360 owner really cares about disk changing just MS haters.

The reviews from Japanese reviewers are slightly more positive overall

Tigawoods said:
CrazzyMan said:
Riachu said:

Somebody needs to put this quote in their sig. 

So far 4 disc IU game would potentially have longer gameplay - FACT, deal with that.

M$ charges additional fee for more then 2 disc game - FACT, deal with that.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network
CrazzyMan said:
Riachu said:

Sorry, I need them on. Otherwise I can't read any of your posts.

Still looks like a fighting game to me. It looks like Rise of a Ninja with a different style of graphics. And certainly not the length of an RPG. 

Also fact - If this game was on Blu-Ray it probably wouldn't be any longer.  

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Trying to argue with Crazzyman is like trying to put a rubber glove on a bowling ball.

Give it up Crazzy, or your going to get another ban for trolling. I suggest that everyone move on. This has gone way off topic. I will be closing this thread soon.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.