By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infinite Undiscovery 70K first day sales

Riachu said:
bbsin said:

If Infinite Undiscovery sold 70k on the first day, then Tales of Vesperia should have sold 200k on the first day. IU is probably one of the most unpolished, most poorly designed JRPGs I've ever played. I really hope IU is not a precursor to SO4 or Last Remnant.

Anyways, I really hope the Japanese starts accepting the 360 as a viable console. It's really for the good of the japanese videogame industry that the 360 constantly outsells the PS3 in Japan. But I'm afraid, 10k per week sales isn't enough for other 1st parties (PS3) to devote alot of resources to cater to the Japanese Core audience. Right now, Sony and just about every 3rd party is leaving Japanese gaming behind, and Microsoft is picking up all the slack so I think they should be rewarded much more for it.

I wouldn't call IU poorly designed, just poorly executed.  If you want poorly designed, play Unlimited SaGa.  SO4 and TLR will be better(most likely).

Haha...Unlimited Saga was a mess. I bought it back then when I purchased anything with square on it. My eyes are clearer now lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Riachu said:
bbsin said:

If Infinite Undiscovery sold 70k on the first day, then Tales of Vesperia should have sold 200k on the first day. IU is probably one of the most unpolished, most poorly designed JRPGs I've ever played. I really hope IU is not a precursor to SO4 or Last Remnant.

Anyways, I really hope the Japanese starts accepting the 360 as a viable console. It's really for the good of the japanese videogame industry that the 360 constantly outsells the PS3 in Japan. But I'm afraid, 10k per week sales isn't enough for other 1st parties (PS3) to devote alot of resources to cater to the Japanese Core audience. Right now, Sony and just about every 3rd party is leaving Japanese gaming behind, and Microsoft is picking up all the slack so I think they should be rewarded much more for it.

I wouldn't call IU poorly designed, just poorly executed.  If you want poorly designed, play Unlimited SaGa.  SO4 and TLR will be better(most likely).

I think the design choices AND the excutions are crap. The parry system, the menu system, the mass amounts of characters in the party, the annoying enviroment interactions. The only thing that I have enjoyed so far is the art design. Everything else is pretty much me asking the designer "Why would you EVER build the game this way?!?".

bbsin said:

How is it good for the Japanese gaming industry if an American brand beats a native brand?

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

I just finished Infinite Undiscovery today so I can chime in on the length. Those who are saying they mopped the floor with the game in fifteen hours either played the game on easy difficulty, or they never strayed from the path for an instant. Now if they did the latter they are players truly worthy of recognition. Never got stumped for a minute, and had flawless luck.

I consider myself a decent player, and it literally took me around thirty five hours to beat the game on normal difficulty. Yes you could do it in twenty five hours were you playing the game flawlessly never making a poor choice, and never getting hung up on puzzles. Let alone getting too far ahead, and being forced to restart from a previous save.

CrazzyMan said:
jasonnc80 said:
CrazzyMan said:
starcraft said:

The Xbox 360 is proving time and time again that it is a viable platform for JRPG's.

Sony better hope White Knight Chronicles kicks ass, or that they have doled out a huge check, otherwise FFXIII and Versus will find their way to the Xbox 360 in ALL regions.

Dead Rising already found the way on Wii, so who cares. FFXIII and FFXIIIv will be superior on PS3. =)

What in the world does Dead Rising have to do with JRPG's? looool

Not to mention it's not even really the same game as the 360 version...

A for effort I guess????

You got the point, FFXIII on x360 won`t be the same game as the PS3 version... =)

You're correct.  Given both versions are being ported from a PC build, it is safe to assume the Xbox 360 version will look and run better due to the console's similarity to the PC format.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
chenguo4 said:
bbsin said:

How is it good for the Japanese gaming industry if an American brand beats a native brand?

Because the Japanese brand (sony) is neglecting the Japanese industry. If the American brand (Microsoft) also neglects the Japanese Industry, the competition (Sony) will never have the urgency or initiative to spend resources to get the attention of the consumers, thus resulting in an overall lack of quality or drive to create quality within the industry.

bbsin said:

You have it backwards. That's not the buyer that has to adapt to the game maker, that's the game maker who has to find its audience.

It's amazing because it's working exactly how I predicted for now: those japanese devs that hoped to develop mainly for western markets, forgetting their homeland, are being crushed.

They hoped for their games to be saved by the western markets, but what we see is that the games are doing even worse in western markets.

Seems like even Capcom is going to do sth really stupid.

starcraft said:
CrazzyMan said:
jasonnc80 said:
CrazzyMan said:
starcraft said:

The Xbox 360 is proving time and time again that it is a viable platform for JRPG's.

Sony better hope White Knight Chronicles kicks ass, or that they have doled out a huge check, otherwise FFXIII and Versus will find their way to the Xbox 360 in ALL regions.

Dead Rising already found the way on Wii, so who cares. FFXIII and FFXIIIv will be superior on PS3. =)

A for effort I guess????

You got the point, FFXIII on x360 won`t be the same game as the PS3 version... =)

You're correct.  Given both versions are being ported from a PC build, it is safe to assume the Xbox 360 version will look and run better due to the console's similarity to the PC format.

NOTHING is ported from PC, you are dreaming. They made engine to run on PC so far. BUT the game is developed on PS3. There is NO PC version.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

starcraft said:
CrazzyMan said:
jasonnc80 said:
CrazzyMan said:
starcraft said:

A for effort I guess????

all games are made on pc.

but its first being optimized for the ps3 and ported to 360.

at much 360 will more compressed textures and port like features.

ookaze said:
bbsin said:

You have it backwards. That's not the buyer that has to adapt to the game maker, that's the game maker who has to find its audience.

It's amazing because it's working exactly how I predicted for now: those japanese devs that hoped to develop mainly for western markets, forgetting their homeland, are being crushed.

They hoped for their games to be saved by the western markets, but what we see is that the games are doing even worse in western markets.

Seems like even Capcom is going to do sth really stupid.

I don't have it backwards at all, nor am I saying that the Japanese needs to adapt to the 360 (accept is more like it). A game maker (Microsoft) can have the perfect game for the Japanese Audience, but if the consumers won't accept the product because of nationalistic pride, it won't matter.