By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - we will see less and less Xbox 360 exclusives in 2009.

@Fei-Hung

I can guarantee that you will not see a bungie game for the PS3.

Around the Network
jpcsfsd said:
@Fei-Hung

I can guarantee that you will not see a bungie game for the PS3.

So you can predict the future? :p

Can you guarantee the lottery numbers for this saturday too :p

Sony has more first party titles. 3rd party developers are going multi (every year the PS3 comes closer to 360 ltd sales). PC developers will make PC/360 only. However if a game is very good, it will also make it's appearance on PS3. Even if PC devs don't have time it will be outsourced, because the publisher wants money. Bungie is second party just like Naughty Dog, Microsoft won't let them go 3rd party.

Fei-Hung said:
it don't matter how many exclusives a console has, it is abut the quality of the games. Lets face it, Lair was crap and it was an exclusive and so was Too Human.

At the moment, the only exclusives 360 has that everyone can get excited about are: Forza, PGR, GeoW, Halo, Jade Empire, Left 4 Dead, DOA, Fable, Lost Odyssey, Lips, Banjo Kazooie, Viva Pinata, Scene It, Crackdown and some more

The ps3 has: GT5, R2, K2, R&C, J&D, Tekken, LBP, GoW, Team Ico Projects Please don't add projects to your list. It's unfair cause I could do the same thing with the 360, MGS, EyeToy projects, Singstar projects, Buzz Projects interesting... more projects and you add Singstar which sold ok, but not very good and don't add Lips to the 360 ?, Heavenly Sword, Uncharted, MotorStorm, WipeOut, Getaway canceled unfortunately and Siren.

The difference being, most of the above have a big following on either ps2 or ps3 and sequels are very much anticipated for some of the above games.

MS may still have Halo, but they don't have Bungie. What is Halo without Bungie? They have taken a name away but the creators will possibly go multiplatform and if they do I say they will probably stay with MS, I can assure you the next game they will make will be better then Halo That would be great (considering MS has destroyed many franchised since buying them out such as Rare games).

It's pretty much a fact that third party multi-platform games will make more money than third party exclusives. Look at the best selling third party games, Guitar Hero, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed. They are all multi-platform. Even terrible games like Spiderman sell a lot using a multi-platform strategy.

Around the Network
hatmoza 2.0 said:

maybe im wrong

but seeing how xbox 360 exclusives are now coming to the ps3 (ex:eternal sonata , bioshock, and many more), isnt it more likely to see these kind of titles go straight to multiplat?

ofcourse we would have never known which games they were bcuz of that, but we will juss notice less exclusives for the 360.

You've got a point in what you say but it was the same last year. In 2008 360 will not have games. We've seen otherwise with games like ninja gaiden II announced in late 2007, Gears 2 and Banjo kazooie early this year and Lips announced last E3. I suppose 2009 will be the same, they'll build their line up from now on. Games don't need to be announced 2 or 3 years before releasing.