By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Little Big Planet = Little Big Deal

i don't think so, LBP is not for everyone,

Around the Network

LittleBigPlanet vs Fable?

LBP will emerge victorious i hope....it does appeal to the young 'uns after all

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I just realised LBP is a Sony game, so it will be released at 60$/60€.

I'm pretty sure that everyone who will put it's hands on this game will want it. It looks like instant fun. The same way wii sports is instant fun and help the wii sell like hot cakes.

(don't get me wrong, I don't think LBP will push the PS3 to the top like wii sports did to the wii, I only think it will have the same kind of instant fun effect)

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

i think that it could be great game for Sony, not just for general sales but also attracting a new market. The problem still remains that if LBP is a mainstream critically aclaimed game the cost of the PS3 is still not mainstream - even more noticeable now that both the Wii and 360 are much cheaper.

Suggesting lifetime sales of 5m is optimistic but not impossible, but, lets put this into a little more perspective...

- Top Selling PS3 game soo far is GTA4, arguably the biggest franchise on the PS2, which has 4.5million sales and will probably top 5m by Christmas.

- The only game i could think of making some kind of comparison to was Ratchet and Crank which has currently sold approaching 1.5 million.

Now I am certain LBP will sell more than Ratchet assuming good reviews / word of mouth but hitting the GTA4 sales is more debatable. Unless you are a 1st party Nintendo Wii or DS game then legs, whilst good, are less substantial than the big boom of sales in the first 2 month period.

I think LBP will getting sales in the 3 million range which would still be a tremendous commercial success. I just do not think it will have the Resistance 2 / Gears of War / Halo / Grand Turismo / GTA effect and shift 5 million as it just isnt a "household franchise".

LBP will be huge

Around the Network

^^ very true, but it is as i said mentioned elsewhere on a thread. The games you mentioned get purchased and then later end up in a second hand gaming bin once completed. A game like LBP has no end. Buyers will be forced to buy a new copy since once you have returned it, you cannot share new levels or create new levels. And Since people will be creating new levels and designs on a regular basis as well as support tools being put for as DLC, you wouldn't want to sell the game. This is the only reason I believe LBP will be a Big Hitter and possibly in the league of the big franchises you mentioned.

SeriousWB said:
Little Big Adventure FTW

Twinsen's Odyssey FTW

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

DMeisterJ said:
LBP will be huge!!!

There, fixed!  If you're going to start the catch phrase, ya gotta folow through DMJ!

Please give your impressions of GeoW2 and Resistance 2. I am more interested in R2.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

player1 said:
The Sackboy has the potential to become the new Mario. 

As cool as LBP looks... you must be on drugs.