By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Little Big Planet = Little Big Deal

Not saying the game will fail, just saying I don't understand the point of it, I didn't understand the point of SIMS either and I love mmorpgs, I did try SIMS out and Furcadia and so on before I decided that type of game isn't for me.

I'll probably try LBP out, but I'm not naive enough to believe that if I don't like something then no one else will.

However I kind of take back the KZ2 comment as I just realized LBP is coming out very soon, I thought it was scheduled for 2009.

But I am interested in Spore but only because I have a science fetish.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

I refuse to buy LittleBigPlanet until the release date. I'm boycotting Media Molecule until then.

LBP could be very big ... or it could leave a lot of disappointment.

The question is whether the demographic of the PS3 (a lot of FPS fans) will want what is basically a platformer. The two big platformers (Uncharted and R&C) on the console have not sold a COMBINED 5M. So saying this game is going sell 5M and push hardware is a big jump.

Mike from Morgantown

PS -- While I don't own a PS3, I think LBP looks real cool. But I just don't think it has the general appeal a lot of gamers are giving it and it is that appeal that takes you from 1M to 5M. I hope -- for the sake of my PS3 brethren -- that I am proved wrong.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

alusnova said:

Bottom line guys stop being a fanboy if you enjoy video games why not support all systems, remember if all system do good then it just means competition and that brings out the best of companies making this things so we all win.  Oh notice that I really didn't check Nintendo products I think even though it's selling like hotcakes their products are for the casual gamer not the core.

I think you are on the wrong site if you think this is going to happen.It sounds like you had a great show.  Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

DMeisterJ said:
LBP will be huge

this.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

Around the Network

people right now just don't see the possibilities of it.
imagine every big game that comes out having downloadable sacks.
imagine mario level 1 or final boss in sack
imagine a sackboy excite bike where you ride on another sack running
imagine a sack arena battle like powerstone...
the possibilities are endless

IMAGINE the original SMB in sack? I expect a Sackboy clone of the entire game within a week of release.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Err, maybe it's a new generation thing, but I preffer the cartoony Mario & Sonic cast over voodoo dolls. ^_^

Hey if they can play Sack Cart PS3 off well then power to MM. I'd figure those Sac's could be used in the sense of Mii's if that's the case though.

But even Spyro and Crash were a bit more comforting, again it could just be what I'm used to, but your basically saying that Sackboys = Mario/Sonic?

I guess we'll see.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Didn't y'all get free copies of the game? I'm going to try and buy my manager's copy off him. ^_^

player1 said:
I totally agree. LBP is underestimated by many ppl. The games is gonna rule the gaming world. Just wait for the release. The Sackboy has the potential to become the new Mario.
I will even go one step further and say it will sell more than 5 Mill LTD. I just cant imagine that anyone could hate this game

Please don't be ridiculous.