By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Little Big Planet = Little Big Deal

i hear so many LBP huge, LBP this, but only 1 month to go.

waiting:LBP pre order number to OP .......... ........

Around the Network
|_emmiwinks said:
Cueil said:
dbot said:
Cueil said:
The game is 40 gigs cause it has every language known to man completely uncompressed on it's disk... what's the point of having uncompressed voice other than to show off how big your junk is? They could probably stip the tutorial of it's extra languages... compress the audio and put it on PSN... it probably would only take up 2 or 3 gigs at most.

You seriously think this game has 38 gigs of narration?

You're talking about ~9 megs per min.  You have a deep tutorial from what I understand done in God knows how many languages total... probably every major territory.  I read that same interview and the guy said the actual game's footprint wasn't that big.

er, Ive seen around 2 or 3 hours of footage of this game so far, and have yet to see a single spoken word. Its handeled by text bubbles. So unless Im wrong, I think you fail sir.

The tutorials are being narrated by Stephen Fry.

SamuelRSmith said:
|_emmiwinks said:
Cueil said:
dbot said:
Cueil said:
The game is 40 gigs cause it has every language known to man completely uncompressed on it's disk... what's the point of having uncompressed voice other than to show off how big your junk is? They could probably stip the tutorial of it's extra languages... compress the audio and put it on PSN... it probably would only take up 2 or 3 gigs at most.

You seriously think this game has 38 gigs of narration?

You're talking about ~9 megs per min.  You have a deep tutorial from what I understand done in God knows how many languages total... probably every major territory.  I read that same interview and the guy said the actual game's footprint wasn't that big.

er, Ive seen around 2 or 3 hours of footage of this game so far, and have yet to see a single spoken word. Its handeled by text bubbles. So unless Im wrong, I think you fail sir.

The tutorials are being narrated by Stephen Fry.

let's not forget the music is probably uncompressed to...

LBP won't be huge, any other LBP preorder number beside Neogaf retail musing ?
even we don't have LBP preorder from the thread starter.