By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Finally... Some H3 footage we can actually judge the game by

Halo3 is a great step forward for the series, but not for the generation, if you go back and look at Halo2 next to halo3 it is a very big difference, but nothing compared to the really life feel that is haze, CoD and killzone. But Halo3 will move systems and become the best selling game this year, maybe only passed by GTA4. Its just a different feel than the other games, but great in its own way, just like the wii games :P

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Call of Duty looks so much better than Halo 3. So do Gears, Unreal, Killzone, Mass Effect and so on...

Still looks great.

All true, apart from Mass Effect. Have you seen the new trailer? It's not stunning anybody.

I don't think there is a great graphical leap between Halo 2 and 3 considering the next-gen leap, but maybe the time and work of the devs was put to work elsewhere.

Mass Effect is a very large rpg and for a game like that the graphics are actually really good. The PS3 doesn't have an equivalent game to Mass Effect so it's impossible to compare one on it.

Mass effect was an impressive game I just saw the gameplay at gamespot, and so is turok that was some nice gameplay, dam mercenares2 is better than gta san andreas in my opinion. But back on topic halo 3 is shiny but moves roboticly not realistic, like games known as call of duty4, killzone 2, gears of war etc..

mM

I'm not so sure about that but I have a feeling that in two years when people have forgotten about Haze and Killzone 2 and some of the other first person shooters coming out this year and early next year they'll will still be playing Halo 3 and it'll still be selling consistently.

Around the Network

If the 360 gets a price cut to 300 for the premium before december I'll be all over this.

You know, because that trailer moved so fast I really couldn't tell how good the graphics were, but these excede Killzone's.  Some comparisons:

The foliage especially is impressive in Halo.  Greenery is one of the most difficult things to render, and it's gorgeous in that Halo 3 shot.  I also prefer the colorful art style of Halo.  Generic blacks and greys are overused in modern shooters.  I much prefer things like Metroid Prime and Halo with lots of vibrant colorful environments.  Both games look great, and I was certainly more impressed with Killzone at first, but looking back I'm stunned by Halo 3.

Halo 3's lighting model is the bees knees. However, Killzone is also using a very interesting and new lighting model called differed lighting.

The real issue is how low rez those textures are in Killzone. Just look at the concrete barricade in the above photo.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Legend11 said:
I'm not so sure about that but I have a feeling that in two years when people have forgotten about Haze and Killzone 2 and some of the other first person shooters coming out this year and early next year they'll will still be playing Halo 3 and it'll still be selling consistently.

You're making a lot of assumptions.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

naznatips said:

You know, because that trailer moved so fast I really couldn't tell how good the graphics were, but these excede Killzone's. Some comparisons:

The foliage especially is impressive in Halo. Greenery is one of the most difficult things to render, and it's gorgeous in that Halo 3 shot. I also prefer the colorful art style of Halo. Generic blacks and greys are overused in modern shooters. I much prefer things like Metroid Prime and Halo with lots of vibrant colorful environments. Both games look great, and I was certainly more impressed with Killzone at first, but looking back I'm stunned by Halo 3.

All your preferences were based on the art direction not the graphics.

Graphically Killzone looks better and it's still far away from release.

So far every single gaming reporter has made a bigger deal out of Killzone than Halo 3 this E3. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!