By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - No more video sigs please!

Anyone else completely sick of video sigs? I think they should be banned/removed - forever.

Apart from the general "waste" of bandwidth/slowdown, they visually attract too much attention. It takes the focus away from the threads/posts themselves. The high BW use alone, could be costing the site users/advertising revenue (anyone on low BW will simple never come here).

And its blatent advertising - for whatever is being shown (game or other).

I appreciate that gamers get excited about particular products, and want to show that excitement - but this is just leading into some sort of "video war". Should I create a 20min sig, showing off all the best bits from the games I like?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

ditto.

I agree! In fact, I think sigs should be limited to only a few lines of text. No visuals at all. I'm sick of seeing huge sigs that occupy half the screen.

I took it off because of slow down but wow what a whiner you are seriously.

Video wars? So people can have avatars of games and talk about games, but when they have it in their sig it's advertisement? ok then...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Unless it's like really big, it's not a problem, only then do I think its bad. As long as it's smaller than a YouTube video I'm cool with it.

"And its blatent advertising - for whatever is being shown (game or other)."
Personally I think people would do that in their sig anyway.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network

I really liked ckmlb videos sig I thought they were prety cool
im gonna kind of miss em =(

Everyone is out to get you Ckmlb, everyone.

ckmlb said:
I took it off because of slow down but wow what a whiner you are seriously.

Video wars? So people can have avatars of games and talk about games, but when they have it in their sig it's advertisement? ok then...

I agree.  This whole forum is advertising for the various games and consoles.  So what? I like this website. 

Secondly, just because somebody is showing their support for a console or game or Hillary Clinton for that matter in their sig is no different from voicing support elsewhere in the forum.  So, if this move would be implemented should/can we not voice our support for a particular console?  That would take a lot of fun out of the website and I hope that the mods aren't trying to kill it from a lack of thinking on this issue.

I also agree about the BW issue, as it may cost ioi too much to deal with, but ioi should be the one to bring the BW problem up, because he would know about it better, not somebody that has no idea how much this is costing in the first place.

Gballzack said:
Everyone is out to get you Ckmlb, everyone.

Indeed it seems your hentai bestiality avatar follows me everywhere.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Yeah... they're a bit on the big side, and noticeably slow down scrolling. Not that big an issue, but still...

Thanks for taking yours down, ckmlb!

Reality has a Nintendo bias.