By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - No more video sigs please!

Is there no way to make seeing some types of sigs disabled? Say for a low bandwidth user to be able to say no video sigs or even no image sigs for that matter if they really don't want to see it. Or perhaps some sort of ignore x person's sig? I dunno really. Just throwing out ideas.

Around the Network

I don't have an issue with images, or with an image for avatars (or whatever the thing on the left is called).

But video is just overkill. When a person has posted many, many times - and you scroll through a thread seeing very little catch your eye other than the same video running over and over again... I find it really annoying.

Thanks for taking it down though ckmlb. I wasn't specifically targeting you, its just sort of unlucky you got hit with this.. with the timing and all the heavy E3 threads.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
Everyone is out to get you Ckmlb, everyone.

Indeed it seems your hentai bestiality avatar follows me everywhere.

It's waiting for you in your dreams too

Arcturus said:
I agree! In fact, I think sigs should be limited to only a few lines of text. No visuals at all. I'm sick of seeing huge sigs that occupy half the screen.

NO. If your getting distracted by images then you have ADD and you need to get some ridilen

Also, you mean "Animated GIF" not videos.

DeltaXIII said:
Is there no way to make seeing some types of sigs disabled? Say for a low bandwidth user to be able to say no video sigs or even no image sigs for that matter if they really don't want to see it. Or perhaps some sort of ignore x person's sig? I dunno really. Just throwing out ideas.

I've used "Block content" for all sigs at this site :)

Around the Network

I find that large pictures slow down scrolling more than videos, but perhaps that's just my PC...

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

I don't care too much about video sigs, but, ckmlb, your last one was rather disgusting and i was going to ask you to remove it. The eye-toy one was really cool and i didn't mind it. So long as its small (only slightly bigger than avatar size) video/pics are fine by me.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Ditto as well. Why else don't you put the video's into your profile?

An option for putting off signatures in your profile, might be a good idea.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*