By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official August NPD Thread (Data at 6:30 pm EST, 3.5 hours from post 1)

This thread has given me the most astonishing news ever.

The Source has moved to England!

Why was I not informed?

Around the Network

ROFLOL...and the hits just keep coming.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=1967

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

colonelstubbs said:
Kenology said:
colonelstubbs said:
Lets face it, the only sports game wii fans like is in fact....wii sports.

How do you know that?

Because multiplatform sports games always sell far less on the wii than on the HD consoles. Despite the huge userbase difference

Unless they are tennis, golf, or football games.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

FreeTalkLive said:
colonelstubbs said:
Kenology said:
colonelstubbs said:

How do you know that?

Because multiplatform sports games always sell far less on the wii than on the HD consoles. Despite the huge userbase difference

Footbal?

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
psrock said:
Thus the proof that although the leader of this Generation, The wii will never be like the PS2.

Wii most certainly will never be like the PS2

Let's wait another year or two before we make that call.

mrstickball said:
Oh, and FYI:

NPD says that 2.3 million copies of Madden sold through in August. Adding up PS2, PS3, X360 and Wii numbers gets us to 2183.3k. That'd mean that there were *roughly* 116,700 Madden 09's sold between the PSP and DS.

Yeah, as you point out, the 2.3m is rounded off to the nearest 100k, which means the 116,700 handheld Madden sales has a margin of error of +/- 50,000. Same goes for GTA IV, NPD say it sold 4.8m through August. It was at 4,711,000 through July, so we could say it sold 89,000 in August, but again, the margin of error is +/- 50,000, so both Madden PSP/NDS & GTA IV 360/PS3 numbers are extremely rough.

FreeTalkLive said:
colonelstubbs said:
Kenology said:
colonelstubbs said:

How do you know that?

Football? Thats hilarious. Both the 360 and PS3 pro evos are 1 million sellers, the wii version is not. And yes it came out after

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

psrock said:
FreeTalkLive said:
colonelstubbs said:
Kenology said:
colonelstubbs said:

How do you know that?

Footbal?

Football as in Madden 08.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

10k between PS3 and 360. Way to close to really say who really won. The NDP estimates arent perfect. Could be 2k in between, could be PS3 ahead by 3. No one will ever know exact numbers. August = a draw for what I'm concerned.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453