By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official August NPD Thread (Data at 6:30 pm EST, 3.5 hours from post 1)

Chrizum said:
How big are the chances NPD got the Madden sales wrong and VGChartz got them right?

Big.  NPD doesn't track Wal-Mart or Toys R Us which have a far larger sales portion of Wii and Wii games sales than the HD consoles do.

I've seen advertisements for huge Toys R Us Wii console shipments and VGC would show a visibly sizable effect on the sales while NPD looked as though it wasn't accounted for at all.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Kenology said:
colonelstubbs said:
Lets face it, the only sports game wii fans like is in fact....wii sports.

How do you know that?

Probably from the lack of sports titles charting for the Wii that don't have to do with Wii Sports.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Thus the proof that although the leader of this Generation, The wii will never be like the PS2.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Pretty boring NPD overall. All 3 consoles overtracks.

Viper1 said:
Chrizum said:
How big are the chances NPD got the Madden sales wrong and VGChartz got them right?

Big.  NPD doesn't track Wal-Mart or Toys R Us which have a far larger sales portion of Wii and Wii games sales than the HD consoles do.

I've seen advertisements for huge Toys R Us Wii console shipments and VGC would show a visibly sizable effect on the sales while NPD looked as though it wasn't accounted for at all.

Does VGC track Wal-Mart/ TRU?

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
Oh, and FYI:

NPD says that 2.3 million copies of Madden sold through in August. Adding up PS2, PS3, X360 and Wii numbers gets us to 2183.3k. That'd mean that there were *roughly* 116,700 Madden 09's sold between the PSP and DS.

Plus PSP bundles.

Kenology said:
colonelstubbs said:
Lets face it, the only sports game wii fans like is in fact....wii sports.

How do you know that?

Because multiplatform sports games always sell far less on the wii than on the HD consoles. Despite the huge userbase difference

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

psrock said:
Thus the proof that although the leader of this Generation, The wii will never be like the PS2.

Wii most certainly will never be like the PS2

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

mrstickball said:
Oh, and FYI:

NPD says that 2.3 million copies of Madden sold through in August. Adding up PS2, PS3, X360 and Wii numbers gets us to 2183.3k. That'd mean that there were *roughly* 116,700 Madden 09's sold between the PSP and DS.

Don't forget the original Xbox version ;)

You aint found shit!

darthdevidem01 said:
blazinhead89 said:
Im still Waiting

shocking isn't it.....NO damn gifs yet

Maybe things just weren't that shocking

This is what I could find:

Very dissapointing!