By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Banjo-Kazooie - going to be some pretty disappointed purchasers

Million said:
I don't think the game could have ever become a big hit with the veichle aspect of the game , which happens to be most of it.

Vehichles in platformers should only ever be part of the game , not the game itself.

I agree, it makes me pretty sad that they chose this direction. I think it wil be a game that I want to love, but just can't.

Around the Network
Rath said:
gebx said:
"Banjo's original template, there are going to be some pretty disappointed purchasers come the game's release if those expectations aren't significantly realigned."

Nice cherry picking you troll!

Doesn't that mean exactly the same thing? People are going to be disappointed unless they lower their expectations?

He didn't say lower, he said realign.

Seems to me he's saying if you're an old banjo fan and you go into this game ready to accept nothing but a run-of-the-mill Banjo title you won't like it. 

But based on other previews, if you go into it with an open mind and respect for the basic principles of platforming, you'll love it.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

theRepublic said:
theprof00 said:
Soriku said:
theprof00 said:
theRepublic said:
Banjo-Kazooie has always been E+, so I'm not really sure what you are talking about.

i mean it in the way that it is REALLY E+, not just E+,

according to tv ratings the scale goes

Y            Y7            Y7FV             G             PG              14                MA

eC          E               E10            T               M                Ao

this game is E bordering on eC

B+K never tried for a cartoony appeal in the past, it was just pretty much all that was available to them without being Teen. This is like i jumped into a toy bin. this feels more kiddy than little nemo's dreamland for nes.

Then again you must understand that this is just my opinion. maybe i have just myself grown up and past games were also filled with daisies and non-sharp baby friendly edges that i just don't remember.

What difference does it make if a game is rated E+ instead of E?

i you are seriously asking and you have no idea what you are talking about, then maybe you ask in a nicer way because right now it looks like you are trying to discredit me, and to anyone who has played B+K, there is a LOT of innuendo, both violet, sexual, and the like. it was a T game that made it into an E+ game.

that was the thing about B+K and later the same team who made Conker. it was a cartoony looking game with adult-ish humor. so again instead of

"what difference does it make"

you can write

"what is the difference?"

because you obviously don't know.....

however, if the game includes this same kind of stuff, then I will stop talking right here... but it doesn't seem like that is the direction they are pursuing.

Without playing the game, how do you know that the same sort of innuendo in the first two is not present in this one?  I would guess that they tried to keep the writing similar.

It was not a "T game that made it into a E game".  The original two games were both E rated.  Innuedo is allowed in because it goes over the heads of the little kids.  Think about something like Shrek.  Kids like it because it is a slapstick cartoon/fairytale, and the adults appreciate all the little jokes.  All this while maintaining a kid friendly rating.

Also, it has been awhile since I've played these games, but I don't remember that much innuendo.  Of course there is violence as you said.  You are constantly fighting enemies, but that is in every game.  And the violence in this game is cartoon violence.

(Because I couldn't resist a Scrubs referance:  Inyourendo)

The impression that I have is that that game was one of the most important in the n64 library and was necessary no matter what your age was, thats how good they were.  They were kiddy and cartoony, but they were also some of the best games on the n64, and were very appealing no matter the age, and maybe this is an aspect thats been lost in the new game(outside of tecnicalities like the game being E+ and stuff)

Anyway, I'm just gettieng the game for the stop n swop

That definitely was not a glowing preview. Rare seems pretty happy with the concept as they have stated that they have more features along the same lines for the next game. The physics thing is what worries me the most. I am still going to buy it.

Skeeuk said:
mrstickball said:
For $40 and a free copy of Banjo & Kazooie, I don't think gamers are going to be losing too much money.

thats actually quite a good deal that, but im wondering why the budget price

$40 is equivalant to about £20 - £22 in the uk, at retail it would end up as £19.99 new.

if it is a £19.99 game i doubt it will be a fully featured game, however i could be wrong

It is more likely to be £25-£30 as it seems that the rule (at least for Pc parts) between US prices and UK prices is ($/2)*1.5 as it accounts for both exchange rate (/2), VAT (the $40 is before sales tax, the UK price will be after VAT) and the custom extra charge of rip-off britain/europe (against US prices).

It would be nice for it to be £20-£24 but it is unlikely.

"I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

Around the Network
gebx said:
"Banjo's original template, there are going to be some pretty disappointed purchasers come the game's release if those expectations aren't significantly realigned."

Nice cherry picking you troll!

yah all his other threads are the same.

Cherry picking is the act of pointing at individual cases or data that seem to confirm a particular position, while ignoring a significant portion of related cases or data that may contradict that position.

So how is the OP cherry picking? Where is this significant portion you speak of?

See my earlier post.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

People who still play Nintendo or maybe some sony fans remeber banjo not people who play 360.
If it was on Wii im sure it woulve sold but i doubt this will reach 1million. Plus nothing can convince me that those stupid cars were what banjo needed.

Anyways RARE screwed up on this game big time.

I'm hoping this game sell several million so i can get a Banjo 3!!

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

I may still get this game, I just hope my beloved Banjo+Kazooie isnt messed up too terribly.