By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IGN: Banjo-Kazooie - going to be some pretty disappointed purchasers

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/909/909317p1.html

"From recent evidence though - and assuming Rare isn't hiding anything significant from journos at this late stage - Nuts & Bolts feels like two promising concepts shoe-horned awkwardly into a single, unsatisfying whole. Yes, we're glad that Banjo and the bird are back - we're just not convinced if this is quite the right, er, vehicle for their return."

-----------------------------------------------------------

is anyone looking forward to pick this game up, i loved the orig banjo`s and would have liked a platform title with nice next gen innovations. im not 100% sure about this vehicle sections which is nearly 80% of the game

looks like we ill have to wait for the reviews to come flooding in before we can say for sure wether banjo is a steller game or not! i do predict huge sales for banjo as its a solid and well loved franchise, however i have my doubts on the game.

what do you think?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

I hope they don't leave everyone with bad memories of Banjo.....that would be unfortunate. But how bad can it be! I'm not counting on triple A though, I need to see more game.

For $40 and a free copy of Banjo & Kazooie, I don't think gamers are going to be losing too much money.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
For $40 and a free copy of Banjo & Kazooie, I don't think gamers are going to be losing too much money.

thats actually quite a good deal that, but im wondering why the budget price

$40 is equivalant to about £20 - £22 in the uk, at retail it would end up as £19.99 new.

if it is a £19.99 game i doubt it will be a fully featured game, however i could be wrong

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Its a budget price cause there are going to be alot of people on the line about whether they want to try it out or not. Remember, Viva Pinata flopped, not cause it was a bad game, but because people were unsure and held out for Gears of War instead. Me personally, I will not pick up. I just beat Tales of Vesperia, and it was incredible!

Around the Network

Skeeuk - Microsoft found out that Viva Pinata sold like hotcakes at more kid-friendly prices. I think that they're trying to target the "casual" audience with more casual prices.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

this game says E+ rating all over it......
and 4-15 on the age range.
no offense but i liked b+k before all these little kiddie type stuff was in it.

why are they marketing to kids when the largest buying audience for this game will be people who played the original.

OUCH.....unlucky for Banjo Kazooie.....I was genuinely hoping for a comeback to form

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

theprof00 said:

this game says E+ rating all over it......
and 4-15 on the age range.
no offense but i liked b+k before all these little kiddie type stuff was in it.

why are they marketing to kids when the largest buying audience for this game will be people who played the original.

Good question.

From the message in the article it would seem those of us who played the original B+K would be disappointed with this installment anyway.

^^@theprof00

Banjo-Kazooie has always been pretty kiddie. What do you mean?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)