By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Wii Music will NOT be the next great thing

yushire said:
vaio said:

So in other words you are just trolling this game cause you don´t like it. We have only seen some vids and they only show very little about actuall gameplay and somehow I think it´s Nintendo´s strategy to not show how you really play it so people get curious about the game and it works since it´s getting more attention the Wiifit.

This game may be total shit and utter crapfest but Nintendo almost never dissapoints and I give them the benefit of the dought.

I am interested in this game for many reasons, I would like to play music but I can´t play instruments so this game interests me on that level, I want different gaming experiences and this game seems to be delivering on that, I want to be able to play cool songs with my friends which again this game seems to deliver.

If you can then record your songs and send them to other friends then this would actually be a great game.

OK THEN I'll give this a game a benefit of a doubt too, lets just see what happens maybe I could be wrong. Maybe this is a fun too like what you said but we cant really tell. We just might have to wait.

Don´t put out a hit on me if it does dissapoint. ;)

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

A game for the whole family that everybody can enjoy and it will be a perfect gift for the holiday season... that's Wii Music.. it's like the next generation boardgame like monopoly you used to get as a gift... it will be huge...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I noticed the Mario Paint comparison, and while understandable, the big deal about Wii Music is you won't be able to actually control the pitch (is that the right word?) of your music.  If you can play off your own music sheet that you create, though, then any doubts I have about the game go out the window.

I think LBP will be a nice example of how big a deal it is for users to create & play off their own content.

vaio said:
yushire said:
vaio said:

So in other words you are just trolling this game cause you don´t like it. We have only seen some vids and they only show very little about actuall gameplay and somehow I think it´s Nintendo´s strategy to not show how you really play it so people get curious about the game and it works since it´s getting more attention the Wiifit.

This game may be total shit and utter crapfest but Nintendo almost never dissapoints and I give them the benefit of the dought.

I am interested in this game for many reasons, I would like to play music but I can´t play instruments so this game interests me on that level, I want different gaming experiences and this game seems to be delivering on that, I want to be able to play cool songs with my friends which again this game seems to deliver.

If you can then record your songs and send them to other friends then this would actually be a great game.

OK THEN I'll give this a game a benefit of a doubt too, lets just see what happens maybe I could be wrong. Maybe this is a fun too like what you said but we cant really tell. We just might have to wait.

Don´t put out a hit on me if it does dissapoint. ;)

And Im planning to boomark this too. Anyway, is it me or this is also the same situation when Wii Fit is unveiled in E3 07? You know the bashing?

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

To me it seems it´s exacly the same maybe even worse then wiifit.

I keep wondering if most of the people bashing this game are doing it because Wiifit and the other Wii xxxx games didn´t fail as they hoped so this may be their last chance to be right.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network
vaio said:

To me it seems it´s exacly the same maybe even worse then wiifit.

I keep wondering if most of the people bashing this game are doing it because Wiifit and the other Wii xxxx games didn´t fail as they hoped so this may be their last chance to be right.

Bashing seems to be worse this time around, probably because WiiFit introduced the balance board. So you had more people saying things like "it looks terrible, but the board might be better for real games" or something to that effect.

@vaio-----> Is it because we already seen that we are in a transition stage and we dont know exactly what is going on? I think we're afraid of change since we core gamers will be affected by it. And core gamers I mean long gamer fans...

I never seen such bashing before in any game in my life. Wii Sports then Wii Fit now this...

I think we core gamers are afraid its the reason for this wii game bashing... We're afraid of change...

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Its kinda scary actually since we're being left behind I guess Sean Malstrom was right in his casual articles then...

E3 2010- Tape runs out

im not sure, i think theres more to wii music than just flaing in time to the music, like the whole song creation and sharing thing. im gunna give wii music a chance tho, i thought wii fit was going to be terrible and thats 80 on metacritic. it is my belief that animal crossing will sell more

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

yushire said:
@vaio-----> Is it because we already seen that we are in a transition stage and we dont know exactly what is going on? I think we're afraid of change since we core gamers will be affected by it. And core gamers I mean long gamer fans...

I never seen such bashing before in any game in my life. Wii Sports then Wii Fit now this...

I think we core gamers are afraid its the reason for this wii game bashing... We're afraid of change...

I think you hit it spot on with the fear but I don´t think it applies to all core/hardcore gamers. I for one have been waiting for this change since the late 90´s and I was sure Nintendo was going to do it with the gamecube (I thought they were going to introduce the revolution controll system) but they didn´t so I have been dissapointed up to the point Wii was released.