By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the year predictions.

yo_john117 said:

Post your predictions of what you think will be in each category that Spike T.V will choose for the 2008 game awards (cause Spike T.V is probably the best known for their game awards over anyone else)  I'm not going to choose all the categories that they have, just the more importent ones.

Game of the year: MGS4 (although i could see gears 2 or fallout 3 getting this)

Best Shooter: Gears of War 2

Best RPG: Fable 2 (meby fallout 3)

Best Graphics: MGS4

Best Rymth Game: Guitar hero: world tour

Best Driving Game: GT5P

Best Action Game: Ninja Gaiden 2

Best Team Sports Game: Madden 09

Best Xbox 360 Game: Gears of War 2

Best Wii Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Best PS3 Game: MGS4

Best PC Game: Left For Dead (spore meby)

Best Multiplayer Game: Gears of War 2

Good list. The only one I would change personally is GT5 Prologue. I think Grid, Mario Kart Wii and Burnout Paradise have a much better chance of taking that category, and considering that they're fully featured games, they probably deserve it more also.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Game of the year:
Grand Theft Auto IV
MGS4
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2

Best Shooter:
Gears of War 2
Left 4 Dead
Resistance 2
Far Cry 2

Best RPG:
FallOut 3
Tales of Versperia
Fable 2
Valkyria chronicles

Best Graphics:
Crysis: warhead
Gears of War 2
Fallout 3
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

Best Rhythm Game:
Rock Band
Guitar hero: world tour
Singstar
Patapon

Best Driving Game:
Mario Kart Wii
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
Pure
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

Best Action Game:
Rise of the Argonauts
Too Human
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Ninja Gaiden 2

Best Team Sports Game:
NCAA Football
NBA Live 09
Madden 09
NHL 2k9

Best Xbox 360 Game:
Gears of War 2
Fall Out 3
Left 4 Dead
Fable 2

Best Wii Game:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
de Blob (I want it to be on there ;))
Star Wars: Light Saber Duels (I forgot the name)

Best PS3 Game:
MGS4
Resistance 2
LittleBigPlanet
Fall Out 3

Best PC Game:
Fall Out 3
Spore
Warhammer Online
Age of Conan

Best Online Game:
Resistance 2
LittleBigPlanet
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2

Most Innovative game:
Little Big Planet
De Blob
Spore
Left 4 Dead

Best Indy game:
Braid
Castle Crashers
PixelJunk Eden
Fl0wer

Game of the year: Too Human (360)
Best Shooter: Haze (PS3)
Best RPG: Baroque (Wii)
Best Graphics: Opoona (Wii)
Best Rymth Game: WiiMusic (Wii)
Best Driving Game: Fatal Intertia EX (PS3)
Best Action Game: Draganball Z (Multi)
Best Team Sports Game: Don King Prize Fighter (Multi)
Best Xbox 360 Game: Alone in the Dark (360 / PS3)
Best Wii Game: Emergency Mayhem (Wii)
Best PS3 Game: Vampire Rain: Altered Species (PS3)
Best PC Game: Space Seige (Wii)

Obviously not the best predictions, but I like the long shots...

^Haha. This is why I wish we could give each other VG$. That post was easily worth $50 fake dollars.

axumblade said:
vlad321 said:

Game of the year:Starcraft 2 (If December launch rumor is true, only one other developer can match Blizzard's quality of games.) or Left4Dead ( And that developer is also releasing a game this year), OR Wrath of the Lich King

Best Shooter: Left4Dead (If it doesn't win GOTY) Project Origin, Dead Space

Best RPG: Fallout 3, or Wrath of the Lich King

Best Graphics:Crysis Warhead

Best Action Game: Ninja Gaiden 2

Best Team Sports Game: Madden 09

Best Xbox 360 Game: Gears of War 2, Fable 2, too many possible ones atm.

Best Wii Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or Mario Kart Wii

Best PS3 Game: LBP or MGS4

Best PC Game: Too many, L4D, SC2, SPORE, WotLK, Fallout 3, also too many possible ones to call.

Best Multiplayer Game:Starcraft 2, Left4Dead, and if they have won something, WotLK,

The biggest variable is Starcraft 2 since I have heard rumors of a December release. If that is true then there will be no competition whatsoever for Game of the Year, unless money was involved. Unless Gears of War 2 improves heavily on what was already there, something I haven't seen at all, then it will get blown away by titles like Left4Dead, Dead Space, and Crysis Warhead, assuming those titles don't suck and live up to their previews.

You strangely forgot about the new WoW expansion. It will be big, REALLY big. Anything Blizzard releases usually wins some award at the end of the year. Since it's an expansion I doubt it will be GOTY, especially with all the others in there, but Multiplayer almost for sure unless Starcraft 2 comes out or Left4Dead beats it out. LBP will give MGS4 a run of its money, if it really is as good as the hype. Fable 2 and GOW2 will have a nice bout for best 360 game. Wii will also be interesting, but I'm fairly sure that it will be between Brawl and Mario Kart.

Another x-factor is Dead Space, it caan completely blow GOW2 and L4D away, or it could just plain suck so we will have to wait and see. Project Origin will probably be good, same team that made FEAR and it seems they are really fixing up the very few flaws that they had (evironments) and upping on what they excelled at (even better AI).

Project Origin (or Fear 2: Project Origin) has been delayed until 2-19-09. :( Unless the PC version is coming out sooner then the PS3/360 version.

NOOOOO, I was really looking forward to playing this thing. I loved the first FEAR, it got some serious scares in it, granted some weren't as but others were damn effective.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

I can only predict based on what I played as things that have not came out are only hype tell they hit my TV screen.

Game of the year: MGS4

Best Shooter: MGS4

Best RPG: Lost Oddessy

Best Graphics: MGS4

Best Rymth Game: Singstar US version

Best Driving Game: Gran Turismo 5: Prologue

Best Action Game: Devil May Cry 3

Best Team Sports Game: MLB 08 The Show (although Madden was much improved over last years turd)

Best Xbox 360 Game: Lost Oddessy

Best Wii Game: Mario Kart Wii

Best PS3 Game: MGS4

Best PC Game: Spore Creature Creator (havn't went and picked up the full game yet)

Best Multiplayer Game: Warhawk (I know it came out last year, but they have pretty much made it a whole new game this year)

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

People seem to be ignoring the fact that there are more than 1 or 2 consoles from which to consider games.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

MGS 4, GTA IV, LBP, SSBB, Spore and Gears of War 2. Are some names to throw in for game of the year.

PS3 game of the year = MGS 4 tied with LBP

X360 game of the year = Gears of War 2

Nintendo game of the year = SSBB

PC game of the year = Spore

Multi-platform game of the year = GTA IV

Overall game of the year all platforms = MGS 4

Mgs4 - Call of duty 4

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Game of the year will be GTA4, as much as I don't want to see it as game of the year, there is no way in hell that the one game that knocked OoT from no 1 (for a brief period of time) will not get the nod.

I personally want MGS4 to get it.

I'm guessing GTA4 will either take out all the categories it's in OR the sites will be generous and give exclusives bias (in which case MGS4 and Gears 2 will take it out for their respective consoles).