By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the year predictions.

Post your predictions of what you think will be in each category that Spike T.V will choose for the 2008 game awards (cause Spike T.V is probably the best known for their game awards over anyone else)  I'm not going to choose all the categories that they have, just the more importent ones.

Game of the year: MGS4 (although i could see gears 2 or fallout 3 getting this)

Best Shooter: Gears of War 2

Best RPG: Fable 2 (meby fallout 3)

Best Graphics: MGS4

Best Rymth Game: Guitar hero: world tour

Best Driving Game: Motorstorm: Pacific Rush ( i edited this instead of GT5P cause it just makes more sense)

Best Action Game: Ninja Gaiden 2

Best Team Sports Game: Madden 09

Best Xbox 360 Game: Gears of War 2

Best Wii Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Best PS3 Game: MGS4

Best PC Game: Left For Dead (spore meby)

Best Multiplayer Game: Gears of War 2

Around the Network

I think you got it all right. I think Fallout 3 is going to win GOTY in some sites though.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

GRID is much better than GT5P. otherwise the list is possible. GTA4 will win an award as well...they cant let the highest sellng game of the year go unawarded.

disolitude said:
GRID is much better than GT5P. otherwise the list is possible. GTA4 will win an award as well...they cant let the highest sellng game of the year go unawarded.

o dang it forgot about GTA4.  and i agree GRID is much much better then GT5P, but i think they will pick it anyway.

Some of the best game are coming later this year.

LBP might win some awards as well.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

I think Fable 2 or Resistance 2

axumblade said:
Game of the year: LBP

Best Shooter: GEOW2

Best RPG: Fable 2

Best Graphics: GT5:P

Best Rhythm Game: Guitar hero: world tour

Best Driving Game: Grid

Best Xbox 360 Game: Gears of War 2

Best Wii Game: Mario Kart Wii or Brawl

Best PS3 Game: LBP

Best PC Game: Spore

I see the following: LittleBigPlanet (PS3) GTA IV (PS3 & Xbox 360) Gears of War 2 (Xbox 360) Fable 2 (Xbox 360) Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360) Spore (PC) Mario Kart Wii (Wii) Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3) Resistance 2 (PS3) Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core (PSP) Those are my contenders! :)

Game of the year:Starcraft 2 (If December launch rumor is true, only one other developer can match Blizzard's quality of games.) or Left4Dead ( And that developer is also releasing a game this year), OR Wrath of the Lich King

Best Shooter: Left4Dead (If it doesn't win GOTY) Project Origin, Dead Space

Best RPG: Fallout 3, or Wrath of the Lich King

Best Graphics:Crysis Warhead

Best Xbox 360 Game: Gears of War 2, Fable 2, too many possible ones atm.

Best Wii Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or Mario Kart Wii

Best PS3 Game: LBP or MGS4

Best PC Game: Too many, L4D, SC2, SPORE, WotLK, Fallout 3, also too many possible ones to call.

Best Multiplayer Game:Starcraft 2, Left4Dead, and if they have won something, WotLK,

The biggest variable is Starcraft 2 since I have heard rumors of a December release. If that is true then there will be no competition whatsoever for Game of the Year, unless money was involved. Unless Gears of War 2 improves heavily on what was already there, something I haven't seen at all, then it will get blown away by titles like Left4Dead, Dead Space, and Crysis Warhead, assuming those titles don't suck and live up to their previews.

You strangely forgot about the new WoW expansion. It will be big, REALLY big. Anything Blizzard releases usually wins some award at the end of the year. Since it's an expansion I doubt it will be GOTY, especially with all the others in there, but Multiplayer almost for sure unless Starcraft 2 comes out or Left4Dead beats it out. LBP will give MGS4 a run of its money, if it really is as good as the hype. Fable 2 and GOW2 will have a nice bout for best 360 game. Wii will also be interesting, but I'm fairly sure that it will be between Brawl and Mario Kart.

Another x-factor is Dead Space, it caan completely blow GOW2 and L4D away, or it could just plain suck so we will have to wait and see. Project Origin will probably be good, same team that made FEAR and it seems they are really fixing up the very few flaws that they had (evironments) and upping on what they excelled at (even better AI).

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

axumblade said:

Oh! Nominees..Well, I'll put my thoughts for nominees and winners

Best RPG:
Fable 2
Tales of Versperia
Infinite Undiscovery
Disgaea 3

Dude.... where the phck is fallout3? Infinite Undiscovery doesn't even belong on that list, I'm trying to play through that game right now with all my strength without sending it back early.

BTW: you got the best GOY set up. very good.