By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA4 PS3 version will outsell GTA4 360 version ?

makingmusic476 said:
ecurbj said:
Well I see the PS3 version outselling the Xbox 360. Just for the simple fact. Some PS2 users that have not converted to the PS3 or has not gone to the Xbox 360, still need to get the game. So they are more than likely waiting for a PS3 price cut. As showed already the PS3 is at $400 now. This gives those GTA fans an nice opportunity to get GTA IV. And I think the PS3 version still will do well once the PS3 becomes a mainstream approved price.

While I don't believe that your first sentence is a foregone conclusions, I do agree with your points.

And to add to that, doesn't a large portion of GTA's sales traditionally come once it goes Greatest Hits?  That probably won't be for a year at best, and if the ps3 version does continue to outsell the 360 version consistently, then the spikes around the time the price drops should help the ps3 version gain on the 360 version even moreso.

Sorry makingmusic. It's 12:54 am U.S. Eastern Time. I'm sooo tired and my eyes are killing me. I just was saying stuff but I will edit my post. I mean to say "Well I see the PS3 version outselling the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV...."

Thanks for seeing that.

Around the Network
ecurbj said:
makingmusic476 said:
ecurbj said:
Well I see the PS3 version outselling the Xbox 360. Just for the simple fact. Some PS2 users that have not converted to the PS3 or has not gone to the Xbox 360, still need to get the game. So they are more than likely waiting for a PS3 price cut. As showed already the PS3 is at $400 now. This gives those GTA fans an nice opportunity to get GTA IV. And I think the PS3 version still will do well once the PS3 becomes a mainstream approved price.

While I don't believe that your first sentence is a foregone conclusions, I do agree with your points.

And to add to that, doesn't a large portion of GTA's sales traditionally come once it goes Greatest Hits?  That probably won't be for a year at best, and if the ps3 version does continue to outsell the 360 version consistently, then the spikes around the time the price drops should help the ps3 version gain on the 360 version even moreso.

Sorry makingmusic. It's 12:54 am U.S. Eastern Time. I'm sooo tired and my eyes are killing me. I just was saying stuff but I will edit my post. I mean to say "Well I see the PS3 version outselling the Xbox 360 version of GTA IV...."

Thanks for seeing that.

xD

I didn't see that until you just pointed it out.

Not a hope. The gap is too wide to close...

Especially once DLC comes out for 360.

goddog said:
I think the download content will spike the 360 sales, and keep it above the ps3 version in the long haul

What he said.

Except I think the DLC will more so drop the PS3 version's sales then increase the 360 version's sales.

Also there might be another GTA until that time,which will cut out the sales.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

It's not highly unlikely if the ps3 manages to outsell the xbox 360

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

ps3 versions attach ratio is way higher than 360's anyway

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

makingmusic476 said:

People make way to big a deal about DLC. Those interested in DLC are likely those that bought the game day one, or shortly thereafter. Or rather, those that would've bought the game no matter what, as they are big fans of the series.

As far as choosing which version to get, it was probably only a deal breaker for the few that own both systems. I can't see it swaying any console purchases, given the fact that people are probably more concerned about the larger library, rather than possibly getting a few extra hours of gameplay from a single game.

Good post sir. DLC will have very little impact on GTA IV game sales. DLC arrives some time in 2009 around 1 year after GTA IV was launched. Interest in that game has long died off. People want the latest and greatest games and 2009 has a great list of games for both PS3 and X360 gamers.

Nah, sorry.

All I want is a patch for Trophies, is that too much to ask? I mean 360 owners are getting 2 DLC packages and we can't get a fucking trophy patch?

On the PS3 GTA4 is a big fish in a small pond.
On the 360 its a big fish in a large pond.

In other words yes GTA4 will sell better on the PS3 over time because the PS3 has less games.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press