By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony sign exclusive deal with Epic for Unreal Engine

Saiyar said:
SamuelRSmith said:
NC Soft? Sorry for asking, but what games are they making, or have made?

Lineage, Guild Wars and City Of Heroes/Villians would be thier most famous tittles. I wonder if they are making an MMO for the PS3. I think they talked about making PSN titles.

As for UT3. I think the news that user created mods will be available on the PS3 versions is pretty big. It is also nice to see Sony actually helping the devs instead of insulting them.

I totally want a Dungeon Runners on the PS3.  I played it on the PC and it just seemed to fit the console style in my opinion.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Around the Network

Hopefully it doesn't require a lot of time/effort to get the Unreal Engine 3 running as good on the PS3 as it does on the 360. It'll be great if they get it running well to show off the power of the PS3.

Gee, thanks for posting fake information to my favourite news site.

Where are your sources? 

It was announced, very loudly, at Sony's E3 press conference. You can just download their press conference and see for yourself.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Where is the source? A forum? Really ... show us an official announcement online somewhere, not a digg.com link to a freakin' forum!?!???

Just googled that ... I did find a couple stories - from E3 - 2005. Joke's on you ...

Around the Network
madskillz said:

Where is the source? A forum? Really ... show us an official announcement online somewhere, not a digg.com link to a freakin' forum!?!???

Just googled that ... I did find a couple stories - from E3 - 2005. Joke's on you ...

you are an idiot, it was annouced at the E3 2007 Sony Press Conference. Learn to use google. Heck IGN.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/803/803477p1.html 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

madskillz said:

wow...seriously...watch the press conference...g4tv.

Legend11:  it's running as well on the PS3 as it is on the PC...check out the other thread on the actual game.

Andir: interesting.  I hadn't heard of that title.  Interesting pricing:  free to play, $5/month option membership.   Guild Wars would also be nice.

I love the two first time posters out of nowhere to claim that it's fake even though it was announced at E3. Sad sad fanboys...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
I love the two first time posters out of nowhere to claim that it's fake even though it was announced at E3. Sad sad fanboys...

Yeah, and it seems oen of them could use some practice using...the google. 

it would be crazy if ncsoft brought lineage to the ps3. nk would go crazy. that series is huge. bigger than wow (i think it still is but not 100% sure).

i think the biggest thing of the epic deal is the mods. it means that any ue3 game can use pc mods if the devs are cool with it. and a huge blow to ms cause mods rock and they wont allow it. i think that sony is gona publish an epic game (like gears with ms) and used that along with the optimization and being pissed off at ms (no pr person should ever be believed about develop relationships, they will always say its fine) that scored the ue3 time exclusive.

with resistance and killzone, along with haze and ut3 timed exclusivity ps3 and sony just got a whole lot stronger as a system and developer. they are in every genre quite strongly. sony is most likely the best overall publisher/developer (nintendo lacks in some genres, like shooter and mmo)

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.