By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony sign exclusive deal with Epic for Unreal Engine

I question if UT3 is exclusive, Epic and MS made it clear it was coming to the Xbox360, infact they have the trailer up on XboxLive right now.

On top of that they just said Call of Duty 4, Assassin's Creed, Resident Evil 5, Madden 08, Burnout Paradise, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, The Simpson's Game, Guitar Hero III, Medal of Honor: Airborne, and Rock Band all PS3 Exclusive titles. Is Sony going crazzy or something?

Currently playing:
Wii: MySims | Xbox360: Halo3 / Pac-Man C.E | DS: Scurge | PSP: Ghost in the Shell

"Lesbians, Better then eMail."
~Lanky Man - My Big Fat Independent Movie

Around the Network

ign has it listed as exclusive for 2007, so sounds like a timed exclusive.

"Suck on it" -vgchartz mod

An optimized UR3 engine for the PS3, thats the big news.

Haze, UT 3 are timed exclusives if you have seen the Sony keynote
also NC soft have signed a deal for exclusive content.
MGS 4 is still exclusive.
Sony's conference was a lot better organized and actually had a few thrills for the audience.
I give this keynote 2 thumbs up |_ _|

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

NC Soft? Sorry for asking, but what games are they making, or have made?

Around the Network

So Sony says they won't pay money for exclusives yet we're to believe Epic is keeping UT 3 exclusive on the PS3 because of... why exactly?

Oh wait they're giving lots of money to Epic to improve the Unreal 3 engine and Epic just happens to make UT 3 exclusive on the PS3... Just a way of Sony worming around to basically do what they bashed Microsoft for. Sort of like how they bashed Microsoft for having two skus (before they brought out their own for the PS3). People may think I'm bashing but I just don't like the way they think we're to stupid to detect bullsh*t.

ps.  It is a big exclusive and great for Sony fans.

Legend11 said:
So Sony says they won't pay money for exclusives yet we're to believe Epic is keeping UT 3 exclusive on the PS3 because of... why exactly?

MS pissed Epic of, MS is to controlling bullying them around.

Epic does not want to compete with Halo for consumer dollars.

Sony will let players use mods from the PC on the PS3 version, MS will not.

Celb, do you actually have anything to back that up that Epic is pissed at Microsoft? Because last time I remember someone else saying something similiar to that Mark Rein of Epic came out and said it was false.

Legend11 said:
Celb, do you actually have anything to back that up that Epic is pissed at Microsoft? Because last time I remember someone else saying something similiar to that Mark Rein of Epic came out and said it was false.

search dude, everything now is fine after the dust settled. But Epic had to figth to get their stuff released for free, it was on ign iam sure.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/epic/gears-maps-buy-now-dont-pay-later-250603.php

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147804