By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - God hates me. Eternal Darkness DRE.

Galaki said:
could be the scratch is on the label side, which cannot be recovered.

Tell me more about this. Is there any way to recover scratched disc aside from pixie dust?

@crumas2

I am not a US resident. I bought it from an Ebay like site. It was the last ED disc from that seller. I can`t exchange for the same game.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network
ItsaMii said:
Galaki said:

Tell me more about this. Is there any way to recover scratched disc aside from pixie dust?

@crumas2

I am not a US resident. I bought it from an Ebay like site. It was the last ED disc from that seller. I can`t exchange for the same game.

There isn't any way to fix a label-side scratch as that's where the data is recorded... in the aluminum layer beneath the label.

The gamestops here have it in stock for $18 USD.  What country are you in?  Are GC games region coded in any way?

RolStoppable said:
First off, I don't hate you.

But I have no idea how you could fix this problem.

What does that have to do with the fact he thinks I hate him?

crumas2 said:
ItsaMii said:
Galaki said:

@crumas2

There isn't any way to fix a label-side scratch as that's where the data is recorded... in the aluminum layer beneath the label.

The gamestops here have it in stock for $18 USD.  What country are you in?  Are GC games region coded in any way?

I understand that. I was talking about recovering from normal scratches. I was trying to discover any good methods for cleaning or repairing the disc. Finger marks can be easily wiped off, but other marks may require something special. My hope is that it is something that can be fixed. I wanted to try every method until I can finally conclude that the disc is useless. I don`t see any big scratches on any side of the disc, so that is why I think it got something to do with cleaning. If it is related with heat or damage the eye can`t see, it is all over.

There is no GS in my country (there isn`t even real nintendo support). My region is the same as the US (South America).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

what god got to do with this

Around the Network

Go out and get a disc resurfacer. They work... it'll grind a small layer of the disc off.

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?PIN=41188&SC=WIG20001&DL=GAW1&gclid=CPz7otiFrYYCFQsQFQod8mqBVg

I'd send you my copy of the game (I'm not a fan of it BTW) but it'd probably be pretty $$ for me to do that from Canada.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

It does that. I had to buy 2 copies as it takes a lot of loading and whatnot.

I finally got my hands on it as well. I hope it works, as I haven't played it yet.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Minor scratches on the clear side shouldn't even give problems with disc read. Since you said you couldn't see any visible scratch, then there's no problem there.

As explained above, scratch on label side is not recoverable.

The only other test you could do is stick that disc in a different system.

If that doesn't work, then the chance of label side scratch is quite high.

Can you take photo of the disc and upload it somewhere?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.