By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Sony leave the gaming market

Ghutto said:
I have a Nes, Snes, Mega, Saturn, N64, GameBoyA, NDS, Wii and a 360.. What's "Sony"?

So you're not a fanboy, rather, a Sony hater?

Around the Network

Considering that the PS3 has outsold the 360 by 120,000 units the last couple of weeks, and this site has already stated that the PS3 once again outsold the 360 by 30,000+ units in Others again last week narrowing the gap to only 380,000 consoles between the two in that region a gain of close to 800,000 units for the PS3 over the 360 in that region already this year and which will put Sony ahead in others by the time 2009 rolls around unless Banjo being a Rare developed game turns out to be the most popular thing in Europe since hot chicks with long legs, and since the PS3 has also been outselling the 360 in the Americas including the US this year as well, then I would have to say the 360 's window of being able to force the PS3 out of the business is now officially more than closed if it ever existed in the first place.

However to answer your question, if Sony suddenly decided to not make any more video game consoles for some reason, then I would have to pick a Nintendo console as I prefer Japanese games to Western ones. I would also hope that Nintendo would bring all of the best Japanese games to the US in uncensored forms -- something that they haven't always done in the past and that they would l release a new console that isn't almost entirely more about the gameplay than the graphics because I love incredible graphics...they can make hot chicks with long legs look so much more realistic and better in games.

My most anticipated games:  Whatever Hideo Kojima is going to do next, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Gran Turismo 5, Alan Wake, Wii Sports Resort.  Cave Story Wiiware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqqLMgbtrB8

There would be a hugh collapse in the video game market and i wouldn't buy the Wii because it is for people who can't be assed to go to the gym and i wouldn't get the 360 as it has got about 4 true quality games (Gears Series, Halo Series, Fable Series, Forza Series) compared to the PS3 which has got tons (Resistance Series, GT Series, R&C series, Uncharted Series, GOW Series, SOCOM Series, Motorstorm Series, Warhawk etc.) in my opinion.

perpride said:
Ghutto said:
I have a Nes, Snes, Mega, Saturn, N64, GameBoyA, NDS, Wii and a 360.. What's "Sony"?

So you're not a fanboy, rather, a Sony hater?

No.

Wont happen, but I have already defected to MS

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
Ghutto said:

I have a Nes, Snes, Mega, Saturn, N64, GameBoyA, NGC, NDS, Wii and a 360.. What's "Sony"?

SONY is the ones who made the PLAYSTATION 1 and 2

what is "PLAYSTATION 1 and 2"???

the console (PS1) that more than outsold n64 and sega saturn combined with ease and was also the first console to sell 100 million units

the console(PS2) that also passed the 100 million mark and is now standing at 140 million units sold..i think it had competitors,i really can't remember how many.oh yes xbox was one which came second place with around 25 million consoles sold,the other one came last,i can't remember the name of that console....can you help me out ?

If Nintendo keeps on doing what they're doing with the Wii, I'd go with Microsoft. The 360 has far more games that interests me than the Wii.

If Sony did leave the gaming business, which they won't be for a long time if ever, then i would either infest in a new iMac and put Windows on it as well as MacOSX Leopard and game on that or see what the next Nintendo console is, I would stay clear of MS unless they got Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Resistance, Ratchet and many many more Sony 1st party games (excluding MG and FF) exclusive.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Ghutto said:

I have a Nes, Snes, Mega, Saturn, N64, GameBoyA, NGC, NDS, Wii and a 360.. What's "Sony"?

Not owning a PS1/2 is shooting yourself in the foot. You missed out on the best libraries in history. And you're not even funny. Except the "I own a Saturn but not a PS1" part.

I'll buy a ps2 and play through some of the amazing games on their. At the same time I would buy a Wii but most likely I wouldn't play it much...

4 ≈ One