By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Multiplayer games on the wii... a disapointing experience.

They are failing to deliver on what they have promised. And they are ruininng their existing franchises by putting out crap.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the WII, I love the VC games and I love many of the current WII titles and I love the Backwwards compat to my library of gamecube games.

But wasn't "WII" supposed to be about playing together?

One game I was insanely excited about for the WII was the new Wario Ware title. Wario Ware for the Game Cube was a fantastic party game.

But for some reason, the wii version only lets you use one remote, so multiplayer is multiple people taking turns. Totally ruined the game. Not to mention you can't even play multiplayer mode until you've played single player for at least an hour?

I love my WII, but the games I was really counting on to be major hits on the wii have been majorly disapointing.

The only multiplayer WII games I can think of that really take advantage of the WII mote and of multiple people playing together is Ravings Rabids I and II. Mario party 8.... although the game itself is not great compared to previous mario parties (most notably Mario party 6, my personal favorite). and Mario Kart WII, Boom Blox, Sonic and Mario at the olympics.... which was ok at best, Carnival.... uh.. yah that was a waste of money. And that's it?

Edit (Thnx Zucas): Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and Super Smash Bros Brawl

I see no reason for Nintendo to worry about what MS or Sony is doing... from what I can tell they don't care at all anyhow. But they really need to look at making more multiplayer-simultaneous play games.

Anyone else disapointed?

Or are there more quality multiplayer games that I am missing out on?

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

Around the Network

Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

Hell you are missing out on the 2 biggest multi player titles on the Wii haha.

Um..someone clear this up for me, because I can't stand that little white box..

Do you have to have a 12 digit online code for every game you play? I saw someone with a Mario Kart Wii code and a SSBB code, both 12 digits...

Seriously..a 12 digit code for every game you play online to be able to play with other people? That kills the console for me right there..if I had it, and that's how it functioned, I'd give it away again (gave my old one away before they offered online play)...

Please correct me and tell me that what I saw in said persons sig was playing jedi mind tricks on me, and that all you need is one Wii Friend code and nothing else? Please...

Zucas said:
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Super Smash Bros Brawl

Hell you are missing out on the 2 biggest multi player titles on the Wii haha.

Medal of Honor heroes 2 is not my cup of tea, but you're right it does fit the bill.

And I forgot about Super Smash bros brawl completely, although it doesn't use the wii mote it definately qualifies.

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

Well it's a pretty solid online shooter for the Wii but oh well. Um Mario strikers Charged is fun. If you like golf games Tiger Woods 09 on Wii is amazing. I mean really it's party games where most of the solid multiplayer has been but if you like me that really isn't my cup of tea.

Around the Network

quantum of solice will have 4 player splitscreen for wii

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

for god's sake, i play more multiplayer than single player on Wii!!

Multiplayer is awesome, on SSBB, Mario Kart, Medal of Honor Heroes (best online), even Wii Sports and Mario Party or Mario and Sonic are awesome games on multiplayer!! (why do you think Wii and Wii Sports got popular so fast?? because of multiplayer, same with MP8 and Mario&Sonic at Olympics!!

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!

Thinking that the FCs of the Wii is a reason to not play the big games released for the Wii, has a name: Laziness.

Even being an archaic system, if the game is fun, is irrelevant.

Ok..so is there a 12 digit code for every game you play? Obviously all of you play Wii multiplayer..and no one can answer that? Are you afraid of scaring me away? I don't get it..

Depends on how many people we're talking. 2 player - umbrella chronicles, house of the dead, several i havent played yet Im sure.

I believe that conduit is doing the 4 player splitscreen also