By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why have there been so many 360 is DOOOOOOOMED threads lately?

I haven't been here that long, but I can say that what seemed like constant attacks on the 360 kept me from joining for a long time. I wouldn't call myself a fanboy (who would though? :D), but I'm not afraid to say that if asked I would plant my flag in the green corner, because I consider the 360 to be superior as an overall gaming choice to any other platform operating. And I want to talk to other 360 owners, not sift through tons of fanboy crap from others blubbing about the 360.

Will you teach me to football?

Around the Network
papflesje said:
Similar question squilliam:

Why have you been glorifying the Xbox lately?

You haven't been here very long.  Squilliam ALWAYS glorifies the xbox.

Skeeuk said:
looks like burgles has again provided yet another worldbeater post

Thank you, I'm just looking for the motivation behind some peoples posts. I mean there's the people with a lot of posts round here that are just generally cynical (DmeisterJ\Million\Disolitude for example)...

Then there's the people with a ridiculous post count, where do they find the time?

Then there's the uninformed fanboy with a couple of hundred...

I guess that is generalising, and I fall into the latter batch based on my post count, but hey can't judge a book by its cover...I get abuse on my wall because of posts like the one above (just got one if you'd like to take a look).

I really don't see why though, or I do....But I feel that this is an issue with the people making the abuse. I've given reasoned argument...They just give me "troll"...

dbot said:
Bagaren85 said:
A lot of Sony toyboys that feels uncertain and need to imagine something that will never be true.

What is a toyboy?  You may be on the wrong site.

Yeah...this is vgchartz not some kind of dating agency

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Stan85 said:
Squilliam -> perhaps is the mentality that,with this price cut,the system is getting old and it will be replaced soon by the next Xbox. People don`t know that MS is doing this to attack the competition by aggresive pricing,they don`t know about the 1`st core being overused and the 2`nd and 3`rd being idle(so more power in future game engines and framerate),they don`t know about the tessalator that frees memory(something "other" systems dream of),they don`t know about the fact that the CPU reads from the memory twice and the GPU 3 times(while "other" console do this only one time each),they don`t know about the Jasper model this month being equaly reliable to the "other" game consoles on the market,they don`t know about a lot of things.

They are being called "fans of other consoles".

I don't know; it seems to me that they know a lot of things. Including the fact that all the technobabble you spout doesn't do a thing to make the games any better, and that Jasper's vaunted "reliability" is coming three years too late to make a difference.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

Sigh i'd take the XBOX 360 more seriously if Squilliam didn't make so many silly threads about it.

WessleWoggle said:
whatever said:
papflesje said:
Similar question squilliam:

Why have you been glorifying the Xbox lately?

You haven't been here very long.  Squilliam ALWAYS glorifies the xbox.

So true. :P

I must agree...

4 ≈ One

Iori Yagami said:
libellule said:
Indeed, this generation only started with the wii (and PS3) release meaning, in a way, the xbox360 is an old console not worth the purchase (even if the line-up is very good)

anyone remember the, sad, dreamcast faith ...

Except the Dreamcast was crap and the 360 is great.

==> the Dreamcast was ALL but crap

the line-up was even VERY GOOD compared to the early PS2 game

Indeed, the sales were disapointing since everybody was holding to get a PS2. In a way, this gen will be simillar (except the xbox360 is doing better than, xbox while the PS3 is doing worse than ps2)

Time to Work !

Ah, the Dreamcast, rest in peace. I still have mine. To be honest, the 360 feels like a Dreamcast Redux, just without the cool.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Millennium said:
Stan85 said:
Squilliam -> perhaps is the mentality that,with this price cut,the system is getting old and it will be replaced soon by the next Xbox. People don`t know that MS is doing this to attack the competition by aggresive pricing,they don`t know about the 1`st core being overused and the 2`nd and 3`rd being idle(so more power in future game engines and framerate),they don`t know about the tessalator that frees memory(something "other" systems dream of),they don`t know about the fact that the CPU reads from the memory twice and the GPU 3 times(while "other" console do this only one time each),they don`t know about the Jasper model this month being equaly reliable to the "other" game consoles on the market,they don`t know about a lot of things.

They are being called "fans of other consoles".

I don't know; it seems to me that they know a lot of things. Including the fact that all the technobabble you spout doesn't do a thing to make the games any better, and that Jasper's vaunted "reliability" is coming three years too late to make a difference.

Why is that if someone is making the choice on a console today the reliability is not to late at all

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks