By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why have there been so many 360 is DOOOOOOOMED threads lately?

xman said:

Why is that if someone is making the choice on a console today the reliability is not to late at all

Ah, but it is. For one thing, all we have to go on right now is Microsoft's word that Jasper will be more reliable, and they've been wrong about improving reliability before (Falcon, anyone?) The real proof will come in 6-odd months, when RRoDs either continue to happen as before or suddenly stop appearing on newer machines. Given that the last "fix" failed to actually fix anything, people aren't going to be willing to trust Microsoft this time, nor frankly should they.

But again, that's six months: out into March 2009. At that point, Microsoft will be well on its way to the five-year itch: they're going to want to announce their successor console. Once they do that, it's all over.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

Around the Network

Because we so many PS3 FAAAAAANBOYSSSSS lately.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

xman said:
Millennium said:
Stan85 said:
Squilliam -> perhaps is the mentality that,with this price cut,the system is getting old and it will be replaced soon by the next Xbox. People don`t know that MS is doing this to attack the competition by aggresive pricing,they don`t know about the 1`st core being overused and the 2`nd and 3`rd being idle(so more power in future game engines and framerate),they don`t know about the tessalator that frees memory(something "other" systems dream of),they don`t know about the fact that the CPU reads from the memory twice and the GPU 3 times(while "other" console do this only one time each),they don`t know about the Jasper model this month being equaly reliable to the "other" game consoles on the market,they don`t know about a lot of things.

They are being called "fans of other consoles".

I don't know; it seems to me that they know a lot of things. Including the fact that all the technobabble you spout doesn't do a thing to make the games any better, and that Jasper's vaunted "reliability" is coming three years too late to make a difference.

Why is that if someone is making the choice on a console today the reliability is not to late at all

Technobabble? The fact that you don`t know what i`m talking about is not my problem,educate youself a little more about the 360 hardware and then we will talk. The games for the 360 will be better in the future because of the new software tools that take advantage of the "easy to develop to" hardware.

The Jasper model will be equaly reliable as the ps3 and wii,and that will be...great for everyone. I had zero problems with my Falcon and the millions of shoppers this Xmass will have a reliable,cheap and fun system.

360 isnt "doomed". Was the PS1 "doomed" when the PS2 came out? No. It had a really good run and was successful.

Im not saying that the next xbox is coming out tomorrow, but it seems the rumor mill is filled with rumblings of a new system coming soon (1 to 2 years).

Who knows, I just know that with the new (falcon?) chip or whatever they used to reduce the RROD problem, now is a great time to get a 360 with the price cut if you dont have one.

(and yes, any time you see Capt. Kirk, Alucard, or a Fable 2 box, its a PRO-360 statement or thread, but they are cool though.)

CGI-Quality said:
Burgles said:
papflesje said:
Squilliam said:
papflesje said:
Similar question squilliam:

Why have you been glorifying the Xbox lately?

Because its a social experiement for me. I like to make fun of people who feel the need to come into this forum to talk smack about the Xbox 360 to make themselves feel better. My threads are just a conduit to facilitate that process on my own terms. I especially like to make threads which don't mention the other consoles. The results? The Wii fanbase is pretty self assured I don't see many of them, whereas the PS3 fanbase has a decent number of people with a multitude of issues who just love to come here and talk smack.

I personally just get annoyed with people just sticking with one thought and keeping it at that, without any room for talk about other thoughts.  And your latest threads seem to only encourage such behaviour.  Can't say that it's really helpful in the fanboy discussion...

Squill meister general is one of the only people that DO talk any sense at all here. He can also talk from an unbiased viewpoint, prolly because he doesn't reall "care" about his console in that pathetic insecure way that a lot of you do...

I have concluded that these people are usually PS3 owners, after all they are the ones constantly creating threads calling the Xbox 360 into doubt for no particular reason....

If there's an issue with a device then by all means discuss it, but how about discussing it ONCE?

My point? Well, the reason its discussed more than once is sad, lonely, pathetic PS3 owners (a minority, but a large minortiy) who are so insecure they need to reassure themselves they made the correct purchase using their parents money.

The problem is, these people are patheticlonely etc but there's millions of pathetic and lonely people around who own Xbox 360s too. But these people subconciously ARE actually happy with their console. Just not their life of having no friends etc...(I mean look, they've got loads of top games to chose from, the PS3 only has a few).

So they have no reason to create such douche bag threads as are being created.

I regularly like to post negative PS3 stuff...Not because I hope that people will view my threads and think "wow yeah PS3 is pants, I'm off to buy an Xbox 360"...I don't care about that, I just care about the truth. People constantly call me a fanboy, but this is because my view of the truth is different from their tainted biased view. They own a PS3 after all, how could they be happy deep down with that purchase, relative to the price and games of a 360?

Thats the problem isn't it really, kids with no money are afraid of the truth that they bought a turkey instead of a chicken....I can afford chicken and turkey so up yours kids :)

The problem is Sony though really, they're doing you all over and you take it out on the 360 owners.....really really pathetic.

The road to recovery from this sad existence is self awareness. I have a cousin who is now 14...he's still a little squirt but I hadn't seen him for a year until a couple of weeks ago....He had changed completely from this destructive little shit, into a shy young man. Well this is obvious good old puberty setting in, he realised he was annoying everyone and he's over compensated for his behaviour.

The pathetic PS3 minority are acting like this little cousin of mine, pricks. The topics, the argument, the "debate"...Its so mind numblingly biased and all rooted in a refusal to show awareness...

I'm not saying the PS3 will be a failiure....but if it is a success, it will have made it by some downright dody methods to get there...Its NOT the best console, it DOESN'T have the best games.

I'm not too fussed, the truth is more important than anything, maybe thats one of my problems. I say what I think, but I'm always HONEST to myself and my views are based on experiences and reality. Not my emotions and insecurities, as long as its not some female....Thats a completely different story

/Rant

Ban....lol

Yup it's that stuff that you get banned for.

never understood how buying a ceratin system makes you a certain type of person

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

Xbox live:mywiferocks

Around the Network
libellule said:
Iori Yagami said:
libellule said:
Indeed, this generation only started with the wii (and PS3) release meaning, in a way, the xbox360 is an old console not worth the purchase (even if the line-up is very good)

anyone remember the, sad, dreamcast faith ...

Except the Dreamcast was crap and the 360 is great.

==> the Dreamcast was ALL but crap

the line-up was even VERY GOOD compared to the early PS2 game

Indeed, the sales were disapointing since everybody was holding to get a PS2. In a way, this gen will be simillar (except the xbox360 is doing better than, xbox while the PS3 is doing worse than ps2)

The Dreamcast's libray was ok at best, but compared to the Gamecube and PS2, it was trash. A lot of the Dreamcast's iconic games were later found on other systems and they where better on those systems. The Dreamcast also had an outdated controller that was lacking buttons and a second analog, which would have hurt it a lot if it lasted longer. It's library was better than PS2's launch games, but the PS2's library quickly surpassed it. The Dreamcast was a patchetic system. It was a complete waste of money and just plain bad.

Stan85 said:
xman said:
Millennium said:
Stan85 said:
Squilliam -> perhaps is the mentality that,with this price cut,the system is getting old and it will be replaced soon by the next Xbox. People don`t know that MS is doing this to attack the competition by aggresive pricing,they don`t know about the 1`st core being overused and the 2`nd and 3`rd being idle(so more power in future game engines and framerate),they don`t know about the tessalator that frees memory(something "other" systems dream of),they don`t know about the fact that the CPU reads from the memory twice and the GPU 3 times(while "other" console do this only one time each),they don`t know about the Jasper model this month being equaly reliable to the "other" game consoles on the market,they don`t know about a lot of things.

They are being called "fans of other consoles".

I don't know; it seems to me that they know a lot of things. Including the fact that all the technobabble you spout doesn't do a thing to make the games any better, and that Jasper's vaunted "reliability" is coming three years too late to make a difference.

Technobabble? The fact that you don`t know what i`m talking about is not my problem,educate youself a little more about the 360 hardware and then we will talk. The games for the 360 will be better in the future because of the new software tools that take advantage of the "easy to develop to" hardware.

The Jasper model will be equaly reliable as the ps3 and wii,and that will be...great for everyone. I had zero problems with my Falcon and the millions of shoppers this Xmass will have a reliable,cheap and fun system.

well said its ludicrious to think reliabilty coming three years later wouldnt matter.  If I am a new customer I care if mines relaible thats great I would think stinks to be the early adopterwho got the RROD.  If the new 360 is a as reliable as the WII and PS3 how can that be too late.  Make some sense as Stan85 did

PS3, WII and 360 all great systems depends on what type of console player you are.

Currently playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3, Halo ODST and Dragon Age Origins is next game

its because Microsoft seem desperate with this price cut. so all w can say is that the console is doomed because it will be officially cheaper then the Wii WW but still sell less then the ps3.

obieslut said:
its because Microsoft seem desperate with this price cut. so all w can say is that the console is doomed because it will be officially cheaper then the Wii WW but still sell less then the ps3.

In your opinion in mine it makes good business sense.  The console has been out three years in my mind price cut was due a while ago.  Even with the price cut they are making money on console sales and they make money on the game sales.  The MS division with the xbox is finally making money consistently.

You can say its doomed and I can say I am supermans cousin and fly to work everry day it dosent mean its true, try sing some facts in your post might help

because ppl got tired of making "PS3 is doomed" threads and wanted to try something new