By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music... what can I say? you play as a dog available :(

Onimusha12 said:
joe_shannon said:
bdbdbd said:
Phendrana said:
I don't understand why these "hardcore" gamers complain about this. They're obviously not the target audience and they're obviously not going to buy it. So why does it bother them so much?

1. They are fanboys.

2. They think every game ever made should be made for them.

Or what about:

3. The more success Nintendo has producing and selling this type of crap, the more they devote all of their resources to crap in the future, forgetting to produce and sell actual decent games?

It would make 0 business sense for Nintendo to make something high-quality when they can make low-budget crap like Wii Music and still sell units.

That is why hardcore gamers hate "games" like Wii Music.  If low-budget games like Wii Music are successful, then you can bet that Nintendo will devote more and more of their resources towards games like Wii Music, and less and less of their reources towards games like Metroid, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc.

Why make good games that cost 10X more to make when you can sell low-budget crap like Wii Music that costs nothing to make yet brings in the same/greater revenue?

So all of Nintendo's resources have been devoted to the whole 5 games (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Music) that fit this casual niche? And then you go on to call these low budget games which kind of contradicts your claim that any number of resources are going to these.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe Nintendo is maintaining the casual market in addition to the other markets? We've had LOZ: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn with plenty more on the way, yet all you can do is cry about these handful of casual games that don't affect anyone but casual gamers.

Does anyone else notice most of the people hating on this game don't even own a Wii or care for Nintendo this generation? I smell fear, fear of success, and fear of Nintendo doing well. God forbid the Wii play up one of its biggest strengths this generation, the casual market.

I own a Wii and have owned one since the day after it got released.  The only reason I didn't get one on the day of release is because I thought Wii would go the way of Gamecube so I thought picking one up on the day of release would be as easy as A,B, C and only pre-ordered a month before release (but not even sure what made me pre-order since I didn't think finding one would be an issue).  On the day of release the shop assistant gave me the terrible news that I pre-ordered to late to make the first batch.  I spent the evening going from shop to shop in search of Wii and calling up so many places.  I was so devastated I couldn't find one that my wife had tp pray to God that I would be able to find one the next day as she could see how down I was.  That's how much of a Nintendo fan I am.  But that doesn't stop me hating this piece of crap and wishing every day it gets cancelled. 

I understand the game is not meant for me but I also realise that if this is very successful (and I expect it to be very successful and sell at least 5 million) then things like this would be where the majority of Nintendo's focus will be in the future.  Yes we have had MP3, Zelda, Mario Kart, Brawl, Galaxy but that doesn't guarantee that Nintendo will continue invest significant amount of time in such games going forward.  It is more likely to mean that Miyamoto will devote most of his time thinking of his next Wii Music type game or toy or whatever the nonsense is meant to be.  If sales of Wii Music go through the roof I am not very confident that in the near future we would be getting a Pikmin, Zelda (built from ground up for Wii), F Zero.  Even if we get such games soon I fear the game won't be as great as it should be cause Nintendo would have not devoted the time it should have to the game because it was too busy dreaming up with the next casual game 10 million seller.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
tuoyo said:
Onimusha12 said:
joe_shannon said:
bdbdbd said:
Phendrana said:
I don't understand why these "hardcore" gamers complain about this. They're obviously not the target audience and they're obviously not going to buy it. So why does it bother them so much?

1. They are fanboys.

Or what about:

3. The more success Nintendo has producing and selling this type of crap, the more they devote all of their resources to crap in the future, forgetting to produce and sell actual decent games?

It would make 0 business sense for Nintendo to make something high-quality when they can make low-budget crap like Wii Music and still sell units.

That is why hardcore gamers hate "games" like Wii Music. If low-budget games like Wii Music are successful, then you can bet that Nintendo will devote more and more of their resources towards games like Wii Music, and less and less of their reources towards games like Metroid, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc.

Why make good games that cost 10X more to make when you can sell low-budget crap like Wii Music that costs nothing to make yet brings in the same/greater revenue?

So all of Nintendo's resources have been devoted to the whole 5 games (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Music) that fit this casual niche? And then you go on to call these low budget games which kind of contradicts your claim that any number of resources are going to these.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe Nintendo is maintaining the casual market in addition to the other markets? We've had LOZ: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn with plenty more on the way, yet all you can do is cry about these handful of casual games that don't affect anyone but casual gamers.

Does anyone else notice most of the people hating on this game don't even own a Wii or care for Nintendo this generation? I smell fear, fear of success, and fear of Nintendo doing well. God forbid the Wii play up one of its biggest strengths this generation, the casual market.

I own a Wii and have owned one since the day after it got released. The only reason I didn't get one on the day of release is because I thought Wii would go the way of Gamecube so I thought picking one up on the day of release would be as easy as A,B, C and only pre-ordered a month before release (but not even sure what made me pre-order since I didn't think finding one would be an issue). On the day of release the shop assistant gave me the terrible news that I pre-ordered to late to make the first batch. I spent the evening going from shop to shop in search of Wii and calling up so many places. I was so devastated I couldn't find one that my wife had tp pray to God that I would be able to find one the next day as she could see how down I was. That's how much of a Nintendo fan I am. But that doesn't stop me hating this piece of crap and wishing every day it gets cancelled.

I understand the game is not meant for me but I also realise that if this is very successful (and I expect it to be very successful and sell at least 5 million) then things like this would be where the majority of Nintendo's focus will be in the future. Yes we have had MP3, Zelda, Mario Kart, Brawl, Galaxy but that doesn't guarantee that Nintendo will continue invest significant amount of time in such games going forward. It is more likely to mean that Miyamoto will devote most of his time thinking of his next Wii Music type game or toy or whatever the nonsense is meant to be. If sales of Wii Music go through the roof I am not very confident that in the near future we would be getting a Pikmin, Zelda (built from ground up for Wii), F Zero. Even if we get such games soon I fear the game won't be as great as it should be cause Nintendo would have not devoted the time it should have to the game because it was too busy dreaming up with the next casual game 10 million seller.

Fatal Frame IV, Disaster Day of Crisis, Wario Land:Shake It, Animal Crossing are all coming out soon and they all 1st or second party. Now Pikmin is in development, i think this does guarantee significant amount of time invested in hardcore games.

Silly hardcores. Don't like it don't buy it! Is not for you anyways

Why all the hatred on this game?! is absurd!

tuoyo said:
Onimusha12 said:
joe_shannon said:
bdbdbd said:
Phendrana said:

1. They are fanboys.

Or what about:

It would make 0 business sense for Nintendo to make something high-quality when they can make low-budget crap like Wii Music and still sell units.

That is why hardcore gamers hate "games" like Wii Music.  If low-budget games like Wii Music are successful, then you can bet that Nintendo will devote more and more of their resources towards games like Wii Music, and less and less of their reources towards games like Metroid, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc.

Why make good games that cost 10X more to make when you can sell low-budget crap like Wii Music that costs nothing to make yet brings in the same/greater revenue?

So all of Nintendo's resources have been devoted to the whole 5 games (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Music) that fit this casual niche? And then you go on to call these low budget games which kind of contradicts your claim that any number of resources are going to these.

I own a Wii and have owned one since the day after it got released.  The only reason I didn't get one on the day of release is because I thought Wii would go the way of Gamecube so I thought picking one up on the day of release would be as easy as A,B, C and only pre-ordered a month before release (but not even sure what made me pre-order since I didn't think finding one would be an issue).  On the day of release the shop assistant gave me the terrible news that I pre-ordered to late to make the first batch.  I spent the evening going from shop to shop in search of Wii and calling up so many places.  I was so devastated I couldn't find one that my wife had tp pray to God that I would be able to find one the next day as she could see how down I was.  That's how much of a Nintendo fan I am.  But that doesn't stop me hating this piece of crap and wishing every day it gets cancelled. 

I understand the game is not meant for me but I also realise that if this is very successful (and I expect it to be very successful and sell at least 5 million) then things like this would be where the majority of Nintendo's focus will be in the future.  Yes we have had MP3, Zelda, Mario Kart, Brawl, Galaxy but that doesn't guarantee that Nintendo will continue invest significant amount of time in such games going forward.  It is more likely to mean that Miyamoto will devote most of his time thinking of his next Wii Music type game or toy or whatever the nonsense is meant to be.  If sales of Wii Music go through the roof I am not very confident that in the near future we would be getting a Pikmin, Zelda (built from ground up for Wii), F Zero.  Even if we get such games soon I fear the game won't be as great as it should be cause Nintendo would have not devoted the time it should have to the game because it was too busy dreaming up with the next casual game 10 million seller.

Really? What of WarioLand Shake It? Miyamoto has confirmed there will be a Super Mario Galaxy 2, they're currently working on a new Legend of Zelda and a Star Fox, F-Zero & Pikmin are also in the works. Not to mention Nintendo is expanding its horizons into games like Fatal Frame 4 and Monolith Studios.

I can't believe you really think Nintendo would adopt simply just one genre of gaming as their sole market. Do you really think the company that pioneered Market Disruption would make such a foolish mistake? Did you just expect Nintendo to up and abandon casual the second they got their foot in the door?

Patience my friend, Patience.

Really? What of WarioLand Shake It?

a 2D Jump&run that flopped.

Miyamoto has confirmed there will be a Super Mario Galaxy 2

Normally Mario games are released once a generation. Even if they will have two this time it will be available in what 3-4 years?

, they're currently working on a new Legend of Zelda

Zelda's take multiple years to develop as well, may be a bit faster because the last one was essentially a Gamecube game but ...

and a Star Fox, F-Zero & Pikmin are also in the works.

Let's see when they will come out. Being in the works can mean a lot of things. Gran Turismo for PSP has been "in the works" for half a decade.

Around the Network

I never thought anyone would so adamantly defend this likely terrible game. Onimusha12 has showed that his (her) fanboyism shows absolutely no limits.

As in go buy us some coffee.

http://speedhunters.com

That shit is funny. Miyamoto is insane!

Consider that the more attention this game gets the more it will sell. So those who rant and rave that this game is a waste of resources are fanning the flames of it selling well. I plan on buying 2 copies *snickers*

People need to chill. Its just a game (or whatever it is).

Kyros said:
Really? What of WarioLand Shake It?

a 2D Jump&run that flopped.

It's only been released in Japan, you can call it a flop when it does poorly everywhere else. And trust me, I don't think it will.

Miyamoto has confirmed there will be a Super Mario Galaxy 2

Normally Mario games are released once a generation. Even if they will have two this time it will be available in what 3-4 years?

Miyamoto said they were already working of SMG2 and to expect it holidays of 2010.

, they're currently working on a new Legend of Zelda

Zelda's take multiple years to develop as well, may be a bit faster because the last one was essentially a Gamecube game but ...

They said expect it around holidays of 2009, they actually started its development before Twilight Princess was released.

and a Star Fox, F-Zero & Pikmin are also in the works.

Let's see when they will come out. Being in the works can mean a lot of things. Gran Turismo for PSP has been "in the works" for half a decade.

Star Fox was suppossed to be out this holiday season but was most likely pushed back because of Wii Motion Plus

See the text in Red.

These are just a few things mentioned off the top of my head, Nintendo has said they're keeping projects underwraps much more so than earlier this gen so you won't hear about most titles, like Pokemon Platinum, until less than four months before their release.

Though I have to wonder what you hope to achieve by quesitoning the release dates of these games with your inferior knowledge. I fail to see the relevance to my post you responded to. Are you somehow trying to debunk my claim? Do you really think these are all Nintendo is going to give us, these games I listed are but a few givens of the generation, pay no mind to the new franchises and projects we will be seeing.

Gobias said:
I never thought anyone would so adamantly defend this likely terrible game. Onimusha12 has showed that his (her) fanboyism shows absolutely no limits.

Reported. *shakes head*

@Rol: And to add to that, Nintendo also wants the new audience to "upgrade" to core games. Mario Kart Wii is perhaps the ultimate example that's supposed to upstream the gamers.

@Kyros: N64 and GC had only one Mario platformer, while NES had 3 and SNES had 2.
Twilight Princess was ready long before Wiis release, so Zelda Wii developement is propably further than people think. TP was started right after Wind Waker, so there's no reason why the Wii Zelda wouldn't have been started right away.
We are yet to see whether Wario Land has legs or not, and its western success.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

well i think wii music will be pretty funny party game especially if you will be after few drinks with friends;)