By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Music... what can I say? you play as a dog available :(

bdbdbd said:
@Gamerace: You propably are familiar with creative noisy toys, as i pointed out earlier, this could be a good replacement.

As for chrismas presents, 1000+ euros on presents seems to be pretty much the standard, which means in practice spending the amount of money worth of Wii and Wii Music per kid.

Wait, you apparently didn't get it. You're supposed to play along, where the skill is required, is how well you are able to play along. Just like getting a real guitar and playing along with a song that hear on the radio. Of course, with guitar, you need to know how to play it, but the idea is the same. Or, you can play it your own way.
As for GTA, walking around and checking out the scenery doesn't require any skill, since you don't have to kill anyone and nobody's going to kill you without any reason.
Singstar is very close to Wii Music, since you just sing along, with the difference that you get rated by how "well" you were singing, but you still can sing your own way.

@ItsaMii: Epic sig.

@bdbdbd - Wait... Has this conversation boiled down to if it's worth spending that kind of money for a pre-school toy?  Okay I'll happily conceed that point.   My initial point was if that's the only audience for this game, compared to Wii Sports or Wii Fit, it'll be a collossal failure.  And you seemed to be agreeing that pre-schoolers are the only audience for it.

@ItsaMii: It is an epic sig.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
Onimusha12 said:
Jo21 said:

i lost a little more respect for nintendo =(.

damage control in this thread IS EPIC.

what probably is the most horrendeous game of 2008

Hahahaha. Well that does it guess, we lost Jo21, guess it's over for Nintendo.

Just imagine all the bitching we're going to have to put up with when this hits the 5m mark.

nintendo doomed? not likely but seriously ANYONE would be ashamed to such game existence , i already lost my hope humanity after nintendogs so who knows

so if it sells over 5 million good for nintendo i would still think its horrendous.

Awwww, If I've said it once I'll say it again, comments like this just reaffirm the fact that Nintendo is doing the right thing.

bdbdbd said:
Phendrana said:
I don't understand why these "hardcore" gamers complain about this. They're obviously not the target audience and they're obviously not going to buy it. So why does it bother them so much?

1. They are fanboys.

2. They think every game ever made should be made for them.

Or what about:

3. The more success Nintendo has producing and selling this type of crap, the more they devote all of their resources to crap in the future, forgetting to produce and sell actual decent games?

It would make 0 business sense for Nintendo to make something high-quality when they can make low-budget crap like Wii Music and still sell units.

That is why hardcore gamers hate "games" like Wii Music.  If low-budget games like Wii Music are successful, then you can bet that Nintendo will devote more and more of their resources towards games like Wii Music, and less and less of their reources towards games like Metroid, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc.

Why make good games that cost 10X more to make when you can sell low-budget crap like Wii Music that costs nothing to make yet brings in the same/greater revenue?

lol Hilarious!

(Is it strange that I noticed the Mii on the Right Looked like a fat version of Vash the Stampede?)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
joe_shannon said:
bdbdbd said:
Phendrana said:
I don't understand why these "hardcore" gamers complain about this. They're obviously not the target audience and they're obviously not going to buy it. So why does it bother them so much?

1. They are fanboys.

2. They think every game ever made should be made for them.

Or what about:

3. The more success Nintendo has producing and selling this type of crap, the more they devote all of their resources to crap in the future, forgetting to produce and sell actual decent games?

It would make 0 business sense for Nintendo to make something high-quality when they can make low-budget crap like Wii Music and still sell units.

That is why hardcore gamers hate "games" like Wii Music.  If low-budget games like Wii Music are successful, then you can bet that Nintendo will devote more and more of their resources towards games like Wii Music, and less and less of their reources towards games like Metroid, Zelda, Donkey Kong, etc.

Why make good games that cost 10X more to make when you can sell low-budget crap like Wii Music that costs nothing to make yet brings in the same/greater revenue?

So all of Nintendo's resources have been devoted to the whole 5 games (Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Music) that fit this casual niche? And then you go on to call these low budget games which kind of contradicts your claim that any number of resources are going to these.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe Nintendo is maintaining the casual market in addition to the other markets? We've had LOZ: Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn with plenty more on the way, yet all you can do is cry about these handful of casual games that don't affect anyone but casual gamers.

Does anyone else notice most of the people hating on this game don't even own a Wii or care for Nintendo this generation? I smell fear, fear of success, and fear of Nintendo doing well. God forbid the Wii play up one of its biggest strengths this generation, the casual market.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:

nintendo doomed? not likely but seriously ANYONE would be ashamed to such game existence , i already lost my hope humanity after nintendogs so who knows

so if it sells over 5 million good for nintendo i would still think its horrendous.

I used to be annoyed at professional gamers for taking something fun and trying to make it into work, but I think emo, melodramatic hardcores are taking over my annoy-o-meter.

Nintendogs made you lose faith in humanity? Not nuclear proliferation? Not the fact that the world produces more than enough food to feed every person on the planet, but inequities in distribution leave millions starving anyway? Not brutal acts of genocide perpetrated in in Africa which the great powers of the world try to ignore because there's no strategic advantage to be gained by interfering?

If you think Nintendogs and Wii Music are the biggest problems the human race is facing I suggest you break out of your coddled existence, read a newspaper, and get a sense of perspective.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

75% of the people who have posted in this thread will purchase Wii Music before 2010.

@Gamerace: I was only arguing whether people will buy this for kids, not the audience. But since this is a game that everyone can play it's going to be popular among families. Wii Music may be something that's bought "for the kids" (i believe it's something you're familiar with).

@Yakuzaice: Basically the keyboards are "real" keyboards, although the more cheaper ones, but the point was that you're able to get only cheap shit outside the "expensive" pricerange.

Kids are creative in drumming and they will destroy your furniture pretty fast. Besides, if you think it that way, kids don't need toys at all. What you are suggesting just isn't the way it works.

@joe_shannon: Wii Music isn't actually cheap shovelware, but Nintendos financial incentive for releasing core games would be profit. Million sellers list gives 32,5 million copies (1,6b revenue) sold Nintendo published core games (not counting in games that didn't reach million, the blue ocean games and minigame collections), opposed to 30,5 million M$ published 360 games (including every game found in database). So there's plenty of incentives for Nintendo to keep making core games, especially when you can sell more core games than blue ocean games.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

tehsage said:
75% of the people who have posted in this thread will purchase Wii Music before 2010.

I plan on buying 10 copies.

People are going to be so pissed when this game sells millions.