By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Maybe someone should create a thread called greatest moments in F1, judging by the moments people have been talking about :P

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
colonelstubbs said:
Ah yes, the Belgian Grand Prix of 98. I was watching. The opening crash was epic, but when Schumacher slammed into the back of Coulthard trying to lap him, and then stormed into the pits and tried to beat him up, that was television gold

Spa always offers the best races. For example this, one of the best overtakes I've ever seen. How I miss Hakkinen

That is indeed one of the best takeovers ever

zexen_lowe said:
colonelstubbs said:
Ah yes, the Belgian Grand Prix of 98. I was watching. The opening crash was epic, but when Schumacher slammed into the back of Coulthard trying to lap him, and then stormed into the pits and tried to beat him up, that was television gold

Spa always offers the best races. For example this, one of the best overtakes I've ever seen. How I miss Hakkinen

Oh yes i remember that. That back-marker never saw Mika coming lol

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

but cutting that corner he got a better run out of the last corner so giveing him self a better postion to overtake next corner, i find it funny how ever1s moaning when mclaren are the biggest cheats ever just driving a ferrari just changed the colour

SKEEZER AND NINTENDO FAN GIRL ARE MY NEMESIS

YES TO BEER

Great summary of the British Press' views

Around the Network

The most important sport newspaper of my country, which since it isn't British nor Italian has no reason to be biased, ended the article with this phrase (translated by me after it):

Cuando ocurren estos hechos, como el recargo postrero a Lewis Hamilton a pesar de que no sacó ventaja en el entuerto con Kimi Räikkönen, en Fórmula 1 se recuerda la "regla del auto rojo", como llaman a la supuesta inclinación de la FIA a favorecer a Ferrari. Los sucesos en Bélgica no ayudan a despejar las suspicacias.

When these things happen, like the post-race recharge to Hamilton, even when he gained no advantage of the incident with Raikkonen, in Formula 1 is often remembered the "rule of the red car", as they call the supposed inclination of the FIA to favour Ferrari. The events in Belgium don't help to erase the suspicion.

Also, before they mentioned some events when Ferrari was clearly favoured, and they say that Bruno Senna in GP2 (the category inmediately below F1) did exactly the same as Massa in Valencia (exiting pits and almost crashing) and was given a drive-through. Of course, Massa wasn't.

British Press are on the rampage, i expected that but people should treat this subject with less bias http://images.itv-f1.com/ImageLibrary/49828_2.jpg, he clearly breached the rules and i dont know why people are seeing it as a conspiracy.

@zexen_love , man Boca Juniors are a great club, one of my biggest football dreams is to go to Bombonera and watch El SuperClassico.

Tispower1 said:

Great summary of the British Press' views

Well this is surprising. The british press defending a british sportsman.....unexpected!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Lolcislaw said:
British Press are on the rampage, i expected that but people should treat this subject with less bias http://images.itv-f1.com/ImageLibrary/49828_2.jpg, he clearly breached the rules and i dont know why people are seeing it as a conspiracy.

@zexen_love , man Boca Juniors are a great club, one of my biggest football dreams is to go to Bombonera and watch El SuperClassico.

The FIA has always been percieved as being lenient towards Ferrari (for as long as I can remember, but I am only 17, so can't remember Stirling Moss etc), and this hardly helps.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just that Ferrari does tend to get away with more things than other teams. As if they're respected more by the FIA than other teams.

Just to add that Mclaren can't appeal a drivethrough penalty, which this was.