By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Source

"Lewis Hamilton has been stripped of victory in the Belgian Grand Prix after stewards imposed a 25-second post-race penalty following a clash with Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen. The McLaren driver has been demoted to third place behind Ferrari's Felipe Massa and BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld"

Lewis Hamilton was denied victory after the stunning last 2 laps of the Belgian Grand Prix. Stewards deemed he gained advantage, after Raikkonen made Lewis go onto the escape road, Lewis instantly handed the place back, and soon after Raikkonen crashed, but he still gained "advantage".

It seems no one is allowed to beat Ferrari these days, so much corruption in the FIA. Ferrari suffered no consequences after Raikkonen went into the back of Sutil in Monaco, taking him out, and Raikkonen just getting a new front wing and carrying on. Also, Massa nearly took out Sutil in the pits, and again no action.

It's also ridiculous for the people who came to watch that race, that after they'd gone home the race results were changed, after paying for the privilage for watching it! Especially after the stewards made no decision at the time, whereas surely if it was so obvious they would have?

It hardly encourages people to watch the sport!

You can watch the incident here:

Comments?

Around the Network

Lewis deserves it. He didnt slow to let Kimi past. If hed slowed, he'd have never had the speed to repass him 2 seconds later.

I watched the whole race, and it was gutting for Kimi to crash out on the penultimate lap.

And im english, so i have no bias. Im just telling it like it is.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Lewis totally deserved it..i watched the race and it was clear he was taking an advantage

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

He deserved it, he cut the corner, then let Raikonen get a tiny lead and then go straight passed him, I thought it was completely unfair. I do feel really sorry for Raikonen, he drove really well and he has crashed out so many times this season

btw, we gonna get banned again by ioi? =P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Maybe we should hope Mclarens appeal is accepted

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

its complete shit, it shows that the FIA will stop at nothing to ensure Ferrari win both the drivers and constructers championships

My point isn't so much whether Lewis deserved it or not, it's just that Kimi drove straight into the back of Sutil ruining an excellent race for him, and nothing happened. Disqualifying for a manouver such as that seems way over the top. especially as Raikkonen crashed out soon afterwards.

I think my biggest annoyance is that Massa did not deserve that race win, it would have been better to give Hamilton a 10 place qualifying drop next round or similar. Letting Massa win through technicalities hardly makes it worth watching the race.

@ Munkeh111, like Hamilton last year! You don't win championships by having a few good races, you get them by being consistent and staying out of the wall.

When was the last time the FIA penalized Ferrari for something? Kimi's crash against Sutil in Monaco was as bannable as Hamilton with Kimi in Canada, but of course, Kimi uses a red car, so he gets by. The amount of times a chicane is cutted is enormous, and Lewis let Kimi pass him after the move, what's his fault if Kimi's car is so slow that he can't withstand the next turn without getting passed. If Lewis instead of passing him in La Source had waited to overtake him in, say, Les Combes, or Rivage, they would have no grounds, but Kimi's car was slow (noted by the difference Lewis was shrinking after the rain had begun), Lewis was gonna overtake him. It just happened that he overtook Kimi in the next turn.

Sory but dont say that FIA is biased against Lewis, because if you think that remind yourself last season. When they got the crane to get im out of the grass, when kubica was penalised for driving to near him, and other incidents, there was plenty of Lewis love from FIA and Bernie last season.

He cut trough chicane which is illegall and used that do his advantage, even when he technically did let Raikonnen go, he got into better position anyway. McLaren drivers may feel wrong done but usually they pay for their lack of imagination, just look what Heikki did to mark webber, when there was no space to go he still rushed there, instead of letting the Aussie go.

You can argue that massa did not deserve to win and i agree but then what happened to him in Hungary?

I'm happy with Kubica he was not at his best whole race 6th place is good, he might end up being on the podium in championship that would be awesome.