By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
zexen_lowe said:
When was the last time the FIA penalized Ferrari for something? Kimi's crash against Sutil in Monaco was as bannable as Hamilton with Kimi in Canada, but of course, Kimi uses a red car, so he gets by. The amount of times a chicane is cutted is enormous, and Lewis let Kimi pass him after the move, what's his fault if Kimi's car is so slow that he can't withstand the next turn without getting passed. If Lewis instead of passing him in La Source had waited to overtake him in, say, Les Combes, or Rivage, they would have no grounds, but Kimi's car was slow (noted by the difference Lewis was shrinking after the rain had begun), Lewis was gonna overtake him. It just happened that he overtook Kimi in the next turn.

It's happened more and more recently, with the elimination of traction control, so yeah, it seems ridiculous that a chicane gets a disqualification, whereas a takeout gets nothing.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4287117/Crash_von_Raeikkoenen_und_Sutil

Link to sutil crash, I personally have no idea what they are saying, as I can't understand German . Oddly, there is very little of this crash footage on the internet!

Around the Network

I'm not saying they're biased against Hamilton. They're biased against McLaren and they're pro Ferrari. Lewis had two choices when was trying to pass Kimi in the bus stop, either crashing or avoiding the crash in the only way he could. He drove off to avoid it, and then let Kimi pass (and Kimi passed him completely). It's the same as Hungaroring 2006 (or 2005, I don't remember exactly the year, I'm sure it was Hungary) when M. Schumacher was trying to overtake Heidfeld. Did they penalize him? No.
And Ferrari should have been penalized a lot this season. Kimi ruining Sutil's race in Monaco, exactly the same as Lewis-Kimi in Canada? Nothing. Massa almost crashing into Sutil in pits? Nothing. No, but when it's about McLaren, they go severe. They made Lewis suffer a drive-through because the took bad a turn in Magny Cours (not passing ANY car), they invented a law against Alonso for blocking his own teammate (Hungary 2007).
I agree though, with the penalization for Heikki, that one was deserved

Lolcislaw said:
Sory but dont say that FIA is biased against Lewis, because if you think that remind yourself last season. When they got the crane to get im out of the grass, when kubica was penalised for driving to near him, and other incidents, there was plenty of Lewis love from FIA and Bernie last season.

He cut trough chicane which is illegall and used that do his advantage, even when he technically did let Raikonnen go, he got into better position anyway. McLaren drivers may feel wrong done but usually they pay for their lack of imagination, just look what Heikki did to mark webber, when there was no space to go he still rushed there, instead of letting the Aussie go.

You can argue that massa did not deserve to win and i agree but then what happened to him in Hungary?

I'm happy with Kubica he was not at his best whole race 6th place is good, he might end up being on the podium in championship that would be awesome.

If you're going to play the reliability card, what about Schumacher, he never seemed to have any reliability problems, and given his dominance it was bad for the sport, frankly, it's engine blowouts and similar incidents that make F1 exciting to watch, not going round and round the track like 90% of Spa was, and the whole of Valencia. However, Stewards deciding the race results ages after it has finished, does not make it exciting.

I mean this was one of the best moment in F1

Edit: Yes, I agree with the Kovalainen penalty.

Oh come on, the FIA arent biased. Lewis passed Kimi illegally, slowed a fraction to let him come side by side, then blazed right on.

I agree though, that a 10 place grid penalty for the next race would have been more appropriate, but then, McClaren have been proven to be dirty cheats before (spying!) so the FIA were never going to be easy on them

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Mate the best race ever was the one at spa few years back when literally every car crushed at the start of the race that was so epic.

Around the Network
Lolcislaw said:
Mate the best race ever was the one at spa few years back when literally every car crushed at the start of the race that was so epic.

You mean this, right? Behold, the best crash ever in F1. It was also the first race I saw in my life, and arguabily the on that hooked me to this sport

Ah yes, the Belgian Grand Prix of 98. I was watching. The opening crash was epic, but when Schumacher slammed into the back of Coulthard trying to lap him, and then stormed into the pits and tried to beat him up, that was television gold

colonelstubbs said:
Oh come on, the FIA arent biased. Lewis passed Kimi illegally, slowed a fraction to let him come side by side, then blazed right on.

I agree though, that a 10 place grid penalty for the next race would have been more appropriate, but then, McClaren have been proven to be dirty cheats before (spying!) so the FIA were never going to be easy on them

I agree the Spying scandal was not good, but I always wondered how the heck a Ferrari dossier got to McClaren, wasn't it sent by one of their employees or something?

But I'm not saying they should be easy, I'm saying they should be fair. How they treat one team should be how they treat every other team.

However, I kinda missed it out, but qudos to Heidfield, he got 2nd (from 3rd) having gone into the pits 2 laps from the end in 8th! And Toro-Rosso did amazing finishing 5th and 7th. The end of this season is going to be excellent , as long as the stewards to their job...

Hehe, awesome crash!

Tispower1 said:
colonelstubbs said:

I agree the Spying scandal was not good, but I always wondered how the heck a Ferrari dossier got to McClaren, wasn't it sent by one of their employees or something?

But I'm not saying they should be easy, I'm saying they should be fair. How they treat one team should be how they treat every other team.

However, I kinda missed it out, but qudos to Heidfield, he got 2nd (from 3rd) having gone into the pits 2 laps from the end in 8th! And Toro-Rosso did amazing finishing 5th and 7th. The end of this season is going to be excellent , as long as the stewards to their job...

It was an ex ferrari employee who went to McClaren (i think, someone correct me if im wrong) taking the dossier with him

colonelstubbs said:
Ah yes, the Belgian Grand Prix of 98. I was watching. The opening crash was epic, but when Schumacher slammed into the back of Coulthard trying to lap him, and then stormed into the pits and tried to beat him up, that was television gold

Spa always offers the best races. For example this, one of the best overtakes I've ever seen. How I miss Hakkinen