By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The advantage is pretty clear from where I stand: His passing attempt was ludicrous, he went very wide, and yet he lost no time. That by itself is worth a drive through penalty if he's gaining a competitive advantage by doing it, whether he's passing someone or not. He did gain an advantage, and that's already worth a penalty.

Just think about it: If nobody is following their car closely, would anyone actually try to trace a chicane under those conditions? The 'penalty' of having to slow down so that the car right behind you catches you if you just passed him illegally is a low price for the lowered risk of accident. When every turn is a death trap, the 25 second penalty seems cheap.

One could also argue that, if Kimi was ahead, there's no way he'd have gone to the wall. He was driving desperately and it showed.

That's not to say that the 'red car rule' isn't still in effect. Just that in this case it was the right thing to do, regardless of the liveries. Now, the alonso penalty is a different matter, but I'm pretty sure most McLaren employees were happy about it anyway

Around the Network

Passing manouvre at about 3:26, and afterwards you can clearly see he gave the place back, and the reason he then took the place was he completely out braked him, which shouldn't have been the case had he not slowed down enough.

Also at 4:45, Kimi goes well out onto the run off area, which the means he gets a greater exit speed (taking a wider corner), and so gets close to Hamilton, you could easily argue that was gaining an advantage as well.

@ hibikir, if you watch that, you'll realise Kimi took Hamilton again (so obviously got back that 'advantage') and only lost it when he went onto the grass! So the reason he wasn't leading was down to his own driving!

Edit: basically the Ferrai is pretty crap compared to the McClaren in the wet.

wish massa win the championship, he deserved it after all.

eliasg said:

I rooting for his win :-] He doesn't need a copied car for his victories.

Kane said:
eliasg said:

No, he just needs to pray to the sky that it never rains. I've never seen such a horrible driver in the wet (of the top drivers, of course)

Around the Network
zexen_lowe said:
Kane said:
eliasg said:

No, he just needs to pray to the sky that it never rains. I've never seen such a horrible driver in the wet (of the top drivers, of course)

At Spa his poor wet weather driving is forgivable tho, as he wasnt wearing wet tyres

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
zexen_lowe said:
Kane said:
eliasg said:

At Spa his poor wet weather driving is forgivable tho, as he wasnt wearing wet tyres

And at Silverstone?

zexen_lowe said:
colonelstubbs said:
zexen_lowe said:
Kane said:
eliasg said:

And at Silverstone?

Let's wait till the season ends, but Massa>Hamilton

Kane said:
zexen_lowe said:
colonelstubbs said:
zexen_lowe said:
Kane said:
eliasg said:

And at Silverstone?

Let's wait till the season ends, but Massa>Hamilton

There are two things wrong in that sentence...

zexen_lowe said:
colonelstubbs said:
zexen_lowe said:
Kane said:
eliasg said:

And at Silverstone?

Massa was dreadful at silverstone!