By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - co-op till you drop

co-op titles are awesome. Sadly, while not extinct, there are certainly fewer (non shooters) then there used to be.

time to look back and find the titles that we all enjoyed slamming through with our friends and family.

1. conrta 3: took my buddy and I months to beat it through on "hard."

2. gauntlet: dark legacy: my friends and I took advantage of the "drop in/drop out" gameplay and beat it over the span of two summers.

3. rock band: played with several members of my family (including my dad) over christmas break.

4. secret of mana: my favorite game of all time. Some of the best early "drop in/drop out" action in an rpg.

5. the adventures of cookie and cream: awesome co-op title for the ps2 where the screen is split vertically and each player attempts to help solve puzzles and make it to the end as a team. great date game.

also:

metal slug x

double dragon II

river city ransom

guardian heroes

Around the Network

If you have a 360, there are probably 60-70 instant classic new and old coop games for you to play. A few notable examples:

Aegis Wing (Free)
TMNT
Double Dragon
Doom (with 4p splitscreen)
Alien Hominid
Castle Crashers

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Dont forget Secret of Mana!!!

Heh, the only co-op non shooter I've played this gen was Super Mario Galaxy... or does that even count?

PSN: chenguo4
Current playing: No More Heroes

the red star: seriously underrated and forgotten among other ps2 releases. nice throwback to old school beat em up's and super fun with anyone decent at gaming (not casual friendly).

pixeljunk monsters: co-op makes this game. simple enough for anyone to learn, very addictive and fun.

super double dragon

nes/snes co-op ninja turtles games

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Secret of Mana

Snake Rattle n' Roll

Zombies ate my neighbours

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

FABLE 2 ftw!

Dammit, I thought this thread was announcing some kind of co-op mode for Dead Rising Wii.

Rubang made a pretty big co-op thread which I'm to lazy to find.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

So any good co-ops. Of course the beat-em-ups were good. I have a special place for DKC2 (or was it 3) in my heart, though. That was fun. Current games? GHIII and the Tanks part of Wii Play are really fun. Super Smash Bros Brawl is also good, of course.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

In fable 2 you can do coop not split screen but still on 1 TV,also if you have 2 storys going you can use STORY A into STORY B.

@garnett, so can you do local co-op?

So many games these days seem to focus on online gaming rather than co-op or splitscreen