By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Name the 3 console games which you believe have the BEST graphics.

Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Galaxy
Team Fortress 2

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

MGS4, Uncharted, GT5.

MGS4, Uncharted, Folklore / GT5P tie

I think WKC will make it on that list come december.  The graphics are looking insane on that and are they style that I like.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

FinalEvangelion said:

MGS4, Uncharted, Folklore / GT5P tie

I think WKC will make it on that list come december.  The graphics are looking insane on that and are they style that I like.

I completely forgot about Folklore, that game was beautiful at the most basic sense of the word. I see that game as a fantasy realistic version of Uncharted's world mostly.

You know they took that game off the market I think? I finally got the time and money to buy it and it was no where to be found.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Gears of War - its lowest low is higher than most games' highest, the graphics are just so polished
MGS4 - Haven't played but from what I've seen it is very crisp, very realistic
GTA IV - Just for the sheer amount of things happening at one given time, it's remarkable that the graphics still beat most games
Assassins Creed - for the same reason as GTA
Mass Effect - the game-play cut-scenes/interactive dialogue is just stunning
Uncharted - same as gears

hard to choose the best, they're all good in their own way

Around the Network

MGS4
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
Tales of Vesperia

Phoenix_Wiight said:
SHMUPGurus said:

Oh, if we're talking about different generations, then my choices are:

1- Jet Force Gemini;
2- Final Fantasy XII (beats God of War 2 in my opinion);
3- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

But wait, that's a bit stupid though... Might as well list the best looking games on all platforms! o_o

Never ever EVER again put "best games" and Final Fantasy XII in the same sentence, paragraph, or page. Ever.

Final Fantasy XII was one of the top games for the PS2

for the current generation

MGS4 (no single thing that you can point out about the graphics, just simply excellent all-around)
Uncharted Drake's Fortune
Heavenly Sword ( wonderful animations, vibrant backgrounds and great environments)

Honorable mention: Assassin's Creed, Ratchet and Clank:ToD, Gears of War, Mass Effect (albeit framerate issues), Call of Duty 4 and Gran Turismo Prologue.

Resident Evil 4
Ocarina Of Time
Metroid Prime

GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE is by far the best ever seen on a console