By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Duel: Resistance: Fall of Man vs. Halo 3

What a horrible comparison. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Tigawoods said:
twesterm said:
I stopped reading at the graphics when he said Halo looked better. I think everyone knows I hated Resistance but I will still always admit it looked better than Halo 3.

The characters in Halo 3 were fine and the outside environments looked really good, but the inside environments were just empty and terrible looking. Resistance was at least consistent.

I strongly disagreed with the comment about Halo 3 taking the graphics to the max. Halo has never been a graphics showcase. The Halo franchise is much better known for the audio and soundtrack which didnt even get a mention in the article from either game.

I third it. Halo had superior art direction but the graphics themselves were probably only marginally better than RFoM. The lighting was a bit better but H3 had some fugly facial rendering.

Overall, I think H3 looked better but not because of the graphics themselves... It was mainly the art direction and design of the game that puts it over RFoM IMO.

I completely agree that the Halo art direction is better since Resistance's art direction is just God awful boring but in general it did just look better I think.  I hated the inside areas because they just felt so dead and every single place looked like every other place.  It was the same boring texture everywhere with almost nothing in there.  Even the infected ships (forgot what it was called >_<) wasn't that great because it all just looked exactly the same.

And as others said, anytime you just say someone without a helmet it looked pretty bad too.

While boring, Resistance at least looked nice.

Sephiroth357 said:

I bet if Resistance won you'd be like "OMG teh comparison speaks teh trooth"

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Reistance didint have feeling.You just shoot shoot god dam shoot.

Take my love, take my land..

Resistence was good, and the only fps except timesplitter that i enjoyed on a playstation console. I was never either a fan of the damn slow dual shock 2, but with sixaxis and recistence my experience has indeed change.

Demo wasnt so good and fun like the whola game. So i recommend you, if you are sceptical after playing the demo, to buy the full-version. The Game is truly growing and keep getting better after some hours.

But compare to Halo 3, as a FPS on a console? - No, its two steps under. The Master league.

So no suprise its ''the winner''.

Resistence vs Call of Duty 3 should be equal, and a interesting fight. So no suprise winner at all.

Around the Network

Thats an awful comparison. Bungie had already had 2 attempts to make a perfect FPS, this was insomniacs first.

POOR!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Halo is a kids game. resistance is a casual shooter. they are both good in my opinion, but their online is no where near call of duty 4's.

gameplay: halo
graphics: resistance
story: resistance
characters: resistance
online: halo

thats how i see it. played both like both. but resistance is better co-op/singleplayer than halo while halo is the better online experience. but resistance 2 might be better online just gotta wait to try it first.

so overall halo 3 might have the upper hand as of now cuz online is a bigger aspect of gaming to must people. but resistance 2 might be better

Jessman said:
Sephiroth357 said:

I bet if Resistance won you'd be like "OMG teh comparison speaks teh trooth"

Really? I speak the truth. It's a horrible camparison. If you think otherwise, its best for you to see a doctor.

I liked Resistance better than Halo, but that goes for just about any FPS. COD4 and HL/CS rules the roost for me.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.