By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Duel: Resistance: Fall of Man vs. Halo 3

Seems like a fair comparison. I personally could go either way with multiplayer. I've had so much fun with both. I actually made a bunch of friends in resistance and then we all moved on and played halo 3 together.

Edit* You have to give credit to Insomniac for even competing with Halo. It's their first FPS and Bungie is the juggernaut of FPS's.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

Around the Network
deathgod33 said:
Halo is a kids game. resistance is a casual shooter. they are both good in my opinion, but their online is no where near call of duty 4's.

CoD4 had no clan support, no server list, no seperate squads or chat channels.  And each match is people camping and whoring grenades.

BILL COSBY!!! said:

Seems like a fair comparison. I personally could go either way with multiplayer. I've had so much fun with both. I actually made a bunch of friends in resistance and then we all moved on and played halo 3 together.

Edit* You have to give credit to Insomniac for even competing with Halo. It's their first FPS and Bungie is the juggernaut of FPS's.

I hate doing this, but don't forget about Disruptor. It was Insomniac's first game, and the only one I haven't been able to try. =(

After that though, they moved onto Spyro, then to Ratchet and Clank, so they have a lot more experience in the platforming area than in making a FPS.

Edit: A very good comparison, btw. I can see some reasons why people would say it is unfair, seeing as how the 360 had been out for longer, and Halo 3 came out a year later, but I still think its a valid comparison. I haven't tried Halo 3's multiplayer, but I have played a bit of the campaign, and it was decent. I'd still take Resistance, however. (In part because I never finished the campaign on Halo 3.)

Resistance isn't their first FPS by the wau. Insomniac's first game was a ps1 fps published by Universal but I forget the title.

On Topic: The author really couldn't wait 2 months for a more fair(albeit still unbalanced by a year) comparison between Resistance 2. Gears would have been a better comparison.

colonelstubbs said:
Thats an awful comparison. Bungie had already had 2 attempts to make a perfect FPS, this was insomniacs first.

POOR!

Well Bungie did it the first time.

OT: Halo 3 rips Resistance in half. Really. Talk about a bland shooter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!