By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Epic Duel: Resistance: Fall of Man vs. Halo 3

I stopped reading at the graphics when he said Halo looked better. I think everyone knows I hated Resistance but I will still always admit it looked better than Halo 3.

The characters in Halo 3 were fine and the outside environments looked really good, but the inside environments were just empty and terrible looking. Resistance was at least consistent.

Around the Network

so gameplay is based on preference (someone who prefers run-gun goes for halo apparently, according to the article)

graphics is unfair because of difference in release

story for the newbie shooter
characters for the newbie shooter

online for the established, experienced shooter.

Although halo 3 is still enjoyed by millions, I think Insomniac would be pleased with this article, as it's their first attempt at a shooter and manages to outdo the "ultimate shooter" in several areas.

It is a matter of preference, I love Halo, but I am a bit biased because I have been a fan since the beginning. R1 was/is a great game and provides players with their own unique experience. Comparisons can be made, but fair or not, you are going to have many disagreements.

Halo 3's online is awesome, and Until Gears 2 or R2 or any other game proves otherwise........it holds the title this gen.

online: halo3

campaign: resistance, halo 3 campaign was a real letdown to me.

Overall i liked resistance the best, because i was not to hyped about the game, like i was with halo 3. Halo2>>>>>>>>halo3 imo.

bbsin said:
LOL MATURE said:
Sony fanboys everywhere were very excited for this game (Resistance), it was destined to be “Sony’s Halo”

Stopped reading there... No one named it Sony's Halo it just turned out to be a good game at launch that got a lot of attention. It had legs and thats the only reason it sold the way it did.

Wasn't that Killzone 1? and wasn't it the media that dubbed it "halo killer" after several tech demos?

Yeh, they have certainly been looking for an FPS franchise that might come close, and I think they have it hit the jackpot with the sequels to Resistance and Killzone

Around the Network

"Recap:

Gamplay: Resistance threw some great punches with the weapons, however Halo still comes out on top gameplay wise.

Graphics: An unfair trial I’m afraid, but yes, Halo Wins.

Characters: With the amazing selection of enemies, Resistance leaves their mark.

Story: The in-depth and attractive storyline of Resistance definitely beats the pile of manure known as the Halo 3 story

Online: Bungie has done it again! Creating an amazingly fun online takes the win here."

I disagree with Characters and Story, just because Halo 3 had a terrible story doesn't make RFOM 1's story that great overall. It was just another good shooter when it came out. For Characters I felt that the enemies in Halo overall have a much better personality and there was nothing really endearing to remember them by.

Tease.

twesterm said:
I stopped reading at the graphics when he said Halo looked better. I think everyone knows I hated Resistance but I will still always admit it looked better than Halo 3.

The characters in Halo 3 were fine and the outside environments looked really good, but the inside environments were just empty and terrible looking. Resistance was at least consistent.

I strongly disagreed with the comment about Halo 3 taking the graphics to the max. Halo has never been a graphics showcase. The Halo franchise is much better known for the audio and soundtrack which didnt even get a mention in the article from either game.

Consoles Owned: Sega Genesis, NES, PS2 (RIP) N64, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii

"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations, and epochs it is rule."

~ Friedrich Nietzsche

axumblade said:
It's a new IP. I think when Resistance 2 comes out, it will be a better comparison. Resistance wouldn't have nearly enough of a budget to compete with Halo 3. Resistance 2 probably wouldn't even compete well.

You could always compare Halo 1 to RFOM 1 if you want...

Tease.

Tigawoods said:
twesterm said:

I strongly disagreed with the comment about Halo 3 taking the graphics to the max. Halo has never been a graphics showcase. The Halo franchise is much better known for the audio and soundtrack which didnt even get a mention in the article from either game.

I third it. Halo had superior art direction but the graphics themselves were probably only marginally better than RFoM. The lighting was a bit better but H3 had some fugly facial rendering.

Overall, I think H3 looked better but not because of the graphics themselves... It was mainly the art direction and design of the game that puts it over RFoM IMO.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Resistance definitely has a better single player campaign in the same way that Halo definitely has a better multi-player offering. Still, I'm quite surprised by how good Resistance MP actually was, especially for being a launch title.