By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Motorstorm Sales...

ioi said:
Kwaad is back!

Motorstorm bundles will be counted as far as we can track them, same with all other bundles.

That's all that I care about. I still feel for a game to be counted in the 'sales' chart it has to be sold... but if any are counted, all should be counted.

Thanks! :)

Stickball - I dont think a game should be counted unless you pay for it. I halfway understand Wii Play. Look at it's sales tho.  it's #11 on the sales list. Wii Sports is #3. I think that's the lowest it's been in 9 months. That makes it the best selling game in over 10 years. Yet, I cant go and buy it. What a contradiction?! Best selling game. But You cant buy it.

I dont think bundle games should be counted. At least Wii Play is 'kinda' a game. You dont 'have' to buy it to get a wiimote. You cant 'buy' it on it's own, but it is a game that you pay 10$ extra for. I dont feel a 10$ game should be counted once agian, because I dont beleive games are counted when they hit the 'platinum' list or whatever. And that's for 20$.

Overall, I can deal with Wii Play much better than Wii sports. If you want to see what % of people would buy Wii sports... 41.5% of japanese Wii owners have bought Wii Sports. That's not 50%, that's not 75%, that's not 90%, that's not 100%. That's 41.5% That's VERY high for a game, but no-where NEAR 100%.

Still, if it's counted in america it should be 100% or 0%. I kinda like 0. Count motorstorm at 0% as well. This is a sales website. I didnt buy the Wii for Wii Sports. I bought it for Zelda, and rayman. I played Wii Sports for about 5 hours. Or in comparison, about a quarter of what I put in a 8$ game.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

Once the $599 pack (with Motorstorm) comes out, unless we get a breakdown of which units sold are the $499 units - and which are the $599 - its going to be pretty hard to track.

I have a feeling this is just a "temporary" bundle - i.e. they will switch Motorstorm to other games, maybe even by the end of the year.

Motorstorm makes sense ATM, as its probably the "best" PS3 (Sony) game that isn't selling that well. They would lose a lot more money if they made it Resistance.

Sony may provide us (i.e. the market) with updated figures and/of Motorstorm figures directly.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Kwaad said:

Overall, I can deal with Wii Play much better than Wii sports. If you want to see what % of people would buy Wii sports... 41.5% of japanese Wii owners have bought Wii Sports. That's not 50%, that's not 75%, that's not 90%, that's not 100%. That's 41.5% That's VERY high for a game, but no-where NEAR 100%.

Still, if it's counted in america it should be 100% or 0%. I kinda like 0. Count motorstorm at 0% as well. This is a sales website. I didnt buy the Wii for Wii Sports. I bought it for Zelda, and rayman. I played Wii Sports for about 5 hours. Or in comparison, about a quarter of what I put in a 8$ game.

Our house would have played at LEAST 100 - maybe 200 - hours of Wii Sports to date. Its still easily the most popular game, especially with new visitors to the house/Wii.

Americans are much more "sport keen" than the Japanese (to my knowledge). The ratio would be closer to 60/70% in the US - but it doesn't matter, as everyone gets a FREE copy.

Please acknowledge that at LEAST Wii Sports is NOT counted when working out comparitive charts/sales/revenue for consoles.

I'm not sure it should be counted in the charts either - but its not going to break me either way. It is representative of the total number of units (of the game) that are in the market

And yeah - you might want to keep this thread on Motorstorm, rather than turning into (yet another) anti-Nintendo thread. You created it after all...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Is this about Motorstorm, or about taking Wii Sports off the charts?

Hey, everyone with a japanese Wii has to buy or import sports if it makes you feel better. 

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

How much has motorstorm sold up to date??

Tretton said it was a 1 million seller. Im sure thats shipped, but I imagine its pretty close.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

What do you want on a forum who is dominated by Wii fans.

Wii bundles they count but hey X360 bundles of course not and probably the same with PS3 bundles;

Wait when there will be a Wii bundle with Wii sports 2 they will count that for sure ^___¨.

konnichiwa said:

Wii bundles they count but hey X360 bundles of course not and probably the same with PS3 bundles;

Wait when there will be a Wii bundle with Wii sports 2 they will count that for sure ^___¨.

you're part of the forum too...if you don't like it so much, why are you still around...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
konnichiwa said:

you're part of the forum too...if you don't like it so much, why are you still around...

To read and laugh with the typical close minded posts of Wii kiddy fanboys of course   ^___^.

I am writing something about it and this is the best forum to study it :).

mrstickball said:
The issue with any bundled game is this:

It's very hard to track a bundle if it's not a definitive version. If Motorstorm was a pack-in title with EVERY PS3 in a given country, then yes, it should and would be tracked easily, but unfortunately, MANY MANY MANY pack-in titles for the X360 have not made the list - COD2, GRAW, GOW, NFSMW have all been pack-ins for the 360 and as far as I know, aren't counted. Likewise, Forza 1 was a pack-in for every Xbox for some time, but it's sales are at 1m. Likely? Not really. It should be higher (which would explain why FM2 is selling so fast vs. #1).

We need a new word for that.  "Pack-in" just sounds... wrong.

Seriously though, about the thread.  Do you consider something a sale, if it's free?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

If you can dicipher wether a 60g or 80g version of ps3 was sold then you should be able to guestimate how many more motorstorm copies were given away.