By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Motorstorm Sales...

I agree though, it'd make things simpler for some people if we just didn't count any bundles...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
I'm not giving him a warning...

Honestly, if there was an accurate way of tracking every game, I'm sure we would do so. If Motorstorm becomes impossible to track accurately due to bundles in some PS3 systems...how are we supposed to add it up?

Wii Sports comes with every system...it's pretty simple to add it up.

It's not a matter of us liking Wii Sports more than Motorstorm, so I don't know why you think it is. " Well, I dont know how many hours you guys still play Wii Sports a day, but I usually play motorstorm 2-3 hours/day. And on a tournament day, around 5-8." What the heck does that have to do with anything? I'm sure there's people playing Wii Sports still, but that doesn't even matter regarding sales.

I am just sick of seeing a game that I cant even BUY at the top of the sales chart? Maybe the fact that a game, that can NOT BE BOUGHT, being at the top of a SALES CHART, is kinda... dumb?

If I could buy the game at the store, I could see counting it more. It's a demo in america. Let it be counted as one. 

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

But you can buy it in Japan :s.

Lemme let you look at it a bit different aye, who are you to decide which things are to be counted and which not? Isn't that all up to the crew? i really don't see the point in giving your opinion about this really small thing..

Like, playing motorstorm is alot more fun than posting this right?
Give it a break man..there are more important things in life

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Hey, seems like the old Kwaad is back...

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

It should be counted if possible. Well this guarantees it will cross the million level worldwide as it's already at 800k now meaning it will be the second PS3 game to reach a million.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Neither NPD nor this site is going to change their stats because you don't like it. Accept it or don't, but stop whining like a baby about it.

It's a small detail, and it's not such a big deal, Kwaad, take it easy.

I mean...you're paying for the system AND the game in the US and PAL...it's not a "demo" that they throw in.

I'm fine with not having Wii Sports from US and PAL counted on the charts...it's not a big deal.

I do know that a ton of people would be buying it anyway with their new Wii, so the point is kinda iffy anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ps3 rocks!!!!!!!
i love sony!!!!

i am a fanboy!!!

The issue with any bundled game is this:

It's very hard to track a bundle if it's not a definitive version. If Motorstorm was a pack-in title with EVERY PS3 in a given country, then yes, it should and would be tracked easily, but unfortunately, MANY MANY MANY pack-in titles for the X360 have not made the list - COD2, GRAW, GOW, NFSMW have all been pack-ins for the 360 and as far as I know, aren't counted. Likewise, Forza 1 was a pack-in for every Xbox for some time, but it's sales are at 1m. Likely? Not really. It should be higher (which would explain why FM2 is selling so fast vs. #1).

Nevertheless, when you have to deal with the Wii Sports, the issue is that EVERY single stinkin' Wii has one, and it totally kills trying to extrapolate and deal with any sort of sales stuff, because it's obvious how many copies have been given away in PAL/US and sold in Japan. I know your pain, Kawaad. When I track and give out s/w sales info to people here, I always get grilled if I don't include a free game (or better yet, take out Wii Play, a $40 game that has a $30 controller)

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.