By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Motorstorm Sales...

With Motorstorm comming out with a bundle package, and an extra 20gb on the HDD, does anyone think that the sales of motorstorm will go up on this site? This is a serious question? Becuase I feel the that a PSP game got whacked on numbers becuase it wasnt counted as a sale, when in a bundle. This all comes down to the fact that Wii Sports is counted for the Wii.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network
Kwaad said:
With Motorstorm comming out with a bundle package, and an extra 20gb on the HDD, does anyone think that the sales of motorstorm will go up on this site? This is a serious question? Becuase I feel the that a PSP game got whacked on numbers becuase it wasnt counted as a sale, when in a bundle. This all comes down to the fact that Wii Sports is counted for the Wii.

What PSP game was that?

From what I understand is that all bundled games are counted by vgchartz but some are far more difficult to track. Wiisports is sold with every Wii system outside of Japan so it is very easy to track, on the other hand a game like Perfect Dark Zero was sold in some bundles of the XBox 360 core system so if it was not reported by ioi's source as a sale it would not be tracked by this site.

Kwaad said:

¬¬

Like a ganker in WoW would say:

Crai more.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

HappySqurriel said:
Kwaad said:

What PSP game was that?

From what I understand is that all bundled games are counted by vgchartz but some are far more difficult to track. Wiisports is sold with every Wii system outside of Japan so it is very easy to track, on the other hand a game like Perfect Dark Zero was sold in some bundles of the XBox 360 core system so if it was not reported by ioi's source as a sale it would not be tracked by this site.

I dont rember what the game was, I could go find it, but it's total sales were like 50,000. (total)

Yet it was bundled as the Premium 250$ PSP before the pricedrop. I did the math in another thread.

If a quarter of PSPs sold during the time that that bundle was offered, were the 'premium' one, that would make the game have sold at least 500,000. Not like 50,000. And thus 450,000 some units were NOT counted as sold, even though they were.  

Neos said:
Kwaad said:

¬¬

Like a ganker in WoW would say:

Crai more.

Well, I dont know how many hours you guys still play Wii Sports a day, but I usually play motorstorm 2-3 hours/day. And on a tournament day, around 5-8. So really, motorstorm does matter to me, and I feel that was a very trollish post. I hope you get warned by a mod.

Around the Network

I don't think the sales of Motorstorm witht he bundle can be tracked so easily as Wii Sports. Sports is sold with every system outside Japan, so if you have the number of systems sould outside Japan, you have the number for the game.

The sales of the MS bundle can only be tracked if they are reported independently (is that the word?) from the standalone system... and this all depends on the sources.

fazz said:
I don't think the sales of Motorstorm witht he bundle can be tracked so easily as Wii Sports. Sports is sold with every system outside Japan, so if you have the number of systems sould outside Japan, you have the number for the game.

The sales of the MS bundle can only be tracked if they are reported independently (is that the word?) from the standalone system... and this all depends on the sources.

That is exactly my point. Bundle games should be counted, or they should NOT be counted. Either way, would make me plenty happy. 

Motorstorm has sold over 1 million games thie bundle would just increase it to 2 million.

mM
Kwaad said:
HappySqurriel said:
Kwaad said:

What PSP game was that?

I dont rember what the game was, I could go find it, but it's total sales were like 50,000. (total)

Yet it was bundled as the Premium 250$ PSP before the pricedrop. I did the math in another thread.

If a quarter of PSPs sold during the time that that bundle was offered, were the 'premium' one, that would make the game have sold at least 500,000. Not like 50,000. And thus 450,000 some units were NOT counted as sold, even though they were.  

Where I life the PSP was bundled with Harry Potter.

I'm not giving him a warning...

Honestly, if there was an accurate way of tracking every game, I'm sure we would do so. If Motorstorm becomes impossible to track accurately due to bundles in some PS3 systems...how are we supposed to add it up?

Wii Sports comes with every system...it's pretty simple to add it up.

It's not a matter of us liking Wii Sports more than Motorstorm, so I don't know why you think it is. " Well, I dont know how many hours you guys still play Wii Sports a day, but I usually play motorstorm 2-3 hours/day. And on a tournament day, around 5-8." What the heck does that have to do with anything? I'm sure there's people playing Wii Sports still, but that doesn't even matter regarding sales.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )