By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Inquirer says Wii sales slow in Japan...

ranzchic said: So anyway, two Wii heavy hitters in Japan are out next week, Naruto and Fire Emblem. They should do some pretty good damage.
I doubt it. You seen the Fire Emblem TV ad? It is hilarious.

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

This is a bunch of rubbish. The Wii's sells are still the highest at this point in a launch for any system, it has had not big games come in a few weeks, yet it is still outselling the PS3 and PS2 who have had big games in the last couple of weeks. I said from day one that the Wii would be sold out worldwide through Feb. This is obvious now. Think about it, 500,000 a month to NA, 250,000 a month to Japan, and the rest to others. That's the about 1m a month Nintendo is currently producing. Like I predicted early, Wii will hit the 13-16m by end of year. As for the New channels. I love it when Fox says 'unbiased' blah blah. That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. Every new bit on that network is heavily merged with their networks opinions on the matter. I would suggest google news. This way you can read the same article from multiple viewpoints, ensuring you can actually know what happened.

Lingyis said: i'd guess nintendo is cranking up its production to at least 1.2 mil/month which, if they continue to sell out, should reflect in february numbers.
Reggie said that Wii production will ramp up in April and then again in August.

It is actually CNN, NBC, ABC etc that are the most biased. Fox News is not very biased. People saying they are usually just dont like their politics. Like most of you guys, I'm sure. Also, people are used to hearing a leftist spin to news. It's like normal in America, so Fox stands out because they dont have the spin of the other networks. Well anyway, vgcharts has Wii at 62,500 this week. This means it could be down in the high 50,000's in media create I think. That's not too good, the only thing I still cant tell you if it's because of shortages or not because I dont live in Japan.

sharky said: It is actually CNN, NBC, ABC etc that are the most biased. Fox News is not very biased. People saying they are usually just dont like their politics. Like most of you guys, I'm sure. Also, people are used to hearing a leftist spin to news. It's like normal in America, so Fox stands out because they dont have the spin of the other networks.
It's true that they stand out because the other cable news networks have a liberal slant, but that doesn't mean they don't have a conservative slant...they do. Nothing wrong with that, it's nice to have respect given to non-liberal opinions as well, but yes, they are slanted to the right.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

Fire Emblem: Akatsuki no Megami (Wii, Nintendo) - 50,000 copies Naruto Shippuuden: Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX (Wii, Takara Tomy) - 20,000 copies Wii getting a bit desperate on the software front?

PSN - hanafuda