By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TOOL in Guitar Hero: World Tour!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally some real music. To those who dont know tool, get a tool cd, quick. The best music ever.

I know its a really hard band (and music) to digest. Not everyone can understand it. Tool doesnt limit to music and lyrics. Plus, the singer (Maynard) its a freaking genius. Sometimes theres more on those lyrics that you can read.

As I said before, tool is not an easy band, but if you pay EXTRA attention to the music, and the lyrics (sometimes you even have to look for more) you'll get one of the best musical experiences you have ever had.

Thank you again. Cant wait for this

Around the Network
BottledSpringWater said:

I personally don't listen to Tool but my brother does a lot (he has all their albums/ bootlegs from concerts/unreleased material, etc) and when I showed him this, he told me Tool would not be happy with their songs being in GH. They have a dislike for things like this, and all their music is not available on iTunes.

PS. I don't listen to them, but I know enough about them to respect 'em. These guys are totally their own.

Tool indeed have a dislike for many things commercial, so one would come to think that they would never do something like this. However the band is also known for being creative and so from that point of view your brother would come to understand that this is in line with the groups filosophy. They are actively working together with the developer to create their own venue etc...Tool would never agree with a thing like this if they weren't involved with it, but now that they are this is what you get, 3 songs in the game and a tool specific venue. 

At first i also thought, this is nothing for TOOL, but from a creative standpoint it all makes sense, tell your brother that.

PS: Maybe you should borrow some of your brothers cd's, for newcomers it is very hard to get into the band, it could take weeks, months, but once you're into it, it won't let you go, it's like a drug, a friendly drug.

Think for yourself, question authority

BottledSpringWater said:

I personally don't listen to Tool but my brother does a lot (he has all their albums/ bootlegs from concerts/unreleased material, etc) and when I showed him this, he told me Tool would not be happy with their songs being in GH. They have a dislike for things like this, and all their music is not available on iTunes.

PS. I don't listen to them, but I know enough about them to respect 'em. These guys are totally their own.

TOOL had to approve the songs being on GHWT.  Every band has to approve some kind of licensing agreement and the band will also get royalties.

I know who tool is, but I'm not that big of a fan, but I remember liking some of their songs though...

Profcrab said:

All the instruments are cross compatable now.  I don't need the extra mic, but I want the new wireless drumset.  I'm not sure if I want the RB2 drum set or the GHWT one.  I like the RB2 guitar more so I might just have to buy it in pieces if I like parts of both.

I give that post a 9.7.

If GH:WT instruments will work with RB2, I'll get the guitar pack for it. I'll probably get one of the new wireless drums (not sure which) and a RB2 wireless guitar as well, since I'm slumming it with two corded guitars right now, and I'm slightly curious to see how the new GH guitar feels.

They would have made my life a lot easier if they released the RB2 band kit at the same time as the game alone, so I could just pick that up instead of possibly having a floating second copy of the game if I pick up the band kit when it hits a month later. Who knows, i may just get the GH:WT pack and buy a RGB2 guitar on its own. (This of course hinges on GH:WT instruments being cross-compatible, which I still haven't seen definitive word on at this point.)

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

Around the Network

the game has no acdc, or pantera, or rage against the machine, or IRON MAIDEN, but does have 3 tool songs, a cold play song, and a t-pain song.
Whilst I think tool are actually good (not great) I feel that three songs is waaaaay to much. It's just illogical. As for the other two songs, I won't even comment.