By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - TOOL in Guitar Hero: World Tour!

Those who don't know Tool, are missing a lot in their life, too much.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
erikers said:
Well that sucks. Hopefully they get some good bands in there like Arch Enemy, Death, Into Eternity or, at the very least, one of the classic Garth Brooks albums. Ahh to sing The River and play guitar. Some Carcass wouldn't hurt either. I <3 heartwork

This guy knows his Metal. Myself - not a fan of guitar hero or Tool.

Well for those who don't know TOOL, I wouldn't do them justice to speak my humble opinion about them. They are a genre in itself and probably the best band out there today.

Think for yourself, question authority

abroZ said:
Well for those who don't know TOOL, I wouldn't do them justice to speak my humble opinion about them. They are a genre in itself and probably the best band out there today.

I respect their writing on the emotional and expressional side of things. I just don't like their instrumentation, it's rather boring.

For those who don't know who TOOL is, come out from under your rock and see what real music has to offer.

Around the Network

Awesome. Doing the drums on Parabola would be insane though.

Xen said:
abroZ said:

I respect their writing on the emotional and expressional side of things. I just don't like their instrumentation, it's rather boring.

It was boring to me to at first but let me quote some sentenses from a Belgian review of their album Lateralus, which includes 2 of the songs that will be in the new Guitar Hero:

" 'long-winded, inconsistent, dissapointing', is what we wrote down the first time we heard Lateralus. Approximately about the third listening we wrote: 'cryptic, intriguing, headstrong'. And now we've listened to Lateralus a dozen times and now we say 'addicting, epic, nothing less than brilliant'. Just to say, Lateralus isn't an easy album to get into."

And that says it all right there, you really have to delve yourself into their music and make an effort to dig deeper, be patient and you will be rewarded. They take 5 years to create a new album and what you get in return is trully unique and unparalelled.

Think for yourself, question authority

Not a fan of guitar hero. However, it is nice to see one of the best alternative metal bands of all time in guitar hero.

Well, this means I will definitely own both Rock Band 2 and GT WT. Tool is one of my favorite bands and they picked some good songs. There are some other songs of theirs that I would love to see, but I don't expect that they will ever make it to any video game.

I give this thread a 9.8.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Profcrab said:
Well, this means I will definitely own both Rock Band 2 and GT WT. Tool is one of my favorite bands and they picked some good songs. There are some other songs of theirs that I would love to see, but I don't expect that they will ever make it to any video game.

I give this thread a 9.8.

I'm going to end up with both as well, now that they're saying RB instruments will work with GH:WT.

I now face this dilemma. I have a full RB setup with the GH3 guitar as my second guitar/bass. I now want to get the RB2 full setup for the new drums and guitar, (hooray, wireless) but I'm not going to wait an extra month after the game releases for the 360 to get the setup instead of just the game. So, I have to figure out the cheapest way to go about getting the new drums and guitar, which i'm guessing is probably by buying them separately. Then I'll buy the GH:WT package with just the guitar. (If it'll work with RB2, otherwise, I'll probably get 2 RB2 guitars.)

Sometimes, I hate what video games do to my budget...

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.