By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Manhunt 2 Gameplay Screens

leo-j said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Let's not start this dumb argument again.

The GC had better graphics than the PS2. The Wii is, even by Sony fanboy standards, a GC 2.0. So, logicalllllly, Wii = better than 2 PS2s.

That's if we're discussing things in fanboy terminology, and not where it really matters, the games that are produced. The GC or PS2 cannot handle games like SSBB, SMG, or Metroid...they may not look like PS3/360 games, but in their early stages they're already better than PS2 games.

Well to my knowledge and eyes god of war 2, a ps2 game, was a game that produced graphics superior to that of early 360 GAMES.

Well those are called fanboy goggles

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network
Avalach21 said:
leo-j said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Let's not start this dumb argument again.

The GC had better graphics than the PS2. The Wii is, even by Sony fanboy standards, a GC 2.0. So, logicalllllly, Wii = better than 2 PS2s.

That's if we're discussing things in fanboy terminology, and not where it really matters, the games that are produced.  The GC or PS2 cannot handle games like SSBB, SMG, or Metroid...they may not look like PS3/360 games, but they're already better than PS2 games in their early stages. 

Well to my knowledge and eyes god of war 2, a ps2 game, was a game that produced graphics superior to that of early 360 GAMES.

Well those are called fanboy goggles

No my friend thats called 20 20 vision.

mM

Art > gazillionz of polygonz and trianglez

Avalach21 said:
ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:
The graphics are pretty meh...is this the PS2 version?

Yes, but the Wii version is gonna look identical.

Or are you just pulling this completely out of your ass?

Honestly, just because you are a Sony fanboy doesn't mean you have to make baseless claims that are entirely untrue.

"The Wii version of Manhunt 2 looks noticeably better than the PS2 version. Rockstar Toronto has used the extra horsepower that Nintendo's console delivers to "up the gore." This is done in a few key ways. For starters, character models in the Wii version will display realistic blood splatters, bruising, gunshot wounds, gashes, and head wounds. In addition, blood will actually spray the screen during combat and executions in the Wii iteration, just as it will accumulate on Danny as he explores the asylum. Considering how important the gore factor is to Manhunt 2, these are all welcome additions. The title meanwhile looks very sharp on Wii, moves at a steady 30 frames per second, and runs in both 480p and 16:9 widescreen modes. "

-IGN Preview

This directly disproves what you said. 100%. Get out of here.

How does this disprove that the game will look mostly identical? If they added more blood effects and whatnot that's great, does that mean the characters and environments are gonna look significantly better? I never said it doesn't have 480p or widescreen.

Wait and see I'm sure it's gonna look significantly better...not. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Which is why these screenshots aren't too great...it goes for pure realism, and does so with mid-level PS2 graphics, in my opinion.

Games like God of War look amazing because of the excellent graphics work but amazing design as well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Avalach21 said:
ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Honestly, just because you are a Sony fanboy doesn't mean you have to make baseless claims that are entirely untrue.

"The Wii version of Manhunt 2 looks noticeably better than the PS2 version. Rockstar Toronto has used the extra horsepower that Nintendo's console delivers to "up the gore." This is done in a few key ways. For starters, character models in the Wii version will display realistic blood splatters, bruising, gunshot wounds, gashes, and head wounds. In addition, blood will actually spray the screen during combat and executions in the Wii iteration, just as it will accumulate on Danny as he explores the asylum. Considering how important the gore factor is to Manhunt 2, these are all welcome additions. The title meanwhile looks very sharp on Wii, moves at a steady 30 frames per second, and runs in both 480p and 16:9 widescreen modes. "

-IGN Preview

How does this disprove that the game will look mostly identical? If they added more blood effects and whatnot that's great, does that mean the characters and environments are gonna look significantly better? I never said it doesn't have 480p or widescreen.

You said the game was going to look identical. But it doesn't. Be more specific next time.

Cursayer2 said:
ckmlb said:
Avalach21 said:
ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:

-IGN Preview

You said the game was going to look identical. But it doesn't. Be more specific next time.

Everything in these screens will look identical. Do you see any blood splattering? It will look sharper in 480p but it will still look the same.

Edit: I really don't want to make a big deal out of the graphics of the game. Even if this game was coming out on 360 or PS3 with mindblowing graphics, I would still buy the Wii version because the controls are going to make this game a lot better.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Bad screens, game is going to look better in both platforms, end it there people.

I haven't seen that owl in a long time...i hate it. I believe that the Wii version is going to differ like the GC RE 4 with the PS2 one.Notable, but not that great changes. NGamer that reviewed the game said that it looks very nice and realistic. final score: 92%.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

It's well known that the Wii version looks better than the PS2 version, both in terms of more effects and better looking environments and models.

And Avalach 12. If someone is wrong, correct them. Don't say things like "are you just pulling this out of your ass?" Because then you come off like a flaming idiot. (as in an idiot who is flaming other people on the forums, not a moron who is on fire) Show some respect and you'll get respect in return. It's quite simple really.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Avalach21 said:
ckmlb said:
BenKenobi88 said:

-IGN Preview

This directly disproves what you said.  100%.  Get out of here.

Pure Owange.